E-Flite Carbon-Z T-28

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

trojan-1-png_1447080795.jpg

We love using Periscope to let you guys see some behind-the-scenes of our day to day. Since we are always interested in what you guys want to see, we figured we'd bring the Periscope chat room to the hobby shop to pick out the plane for our next review!

trojan-2-png_1447080823.jpg

Hanging proud in the middle of the store was this beauty. The Carbon-Z T-28 by E-Flite.

trojan-3-png_1447080843.jpg

Let's just say the love to see this fly was overflowing!

trojan-4-png_1447080878.jpg

The decision was unanimous. Thank you to everyone in the Periscope chat for your input!
If you missed the broadcast and don't want to be left out next time, check us out on the Periscope app! (user: @flitetest)
It's the best way to stay up to date on everything Flite Test and check out what we're up to!

trojan-5-png_1447080926.jpg

CARBON-Z T-28 SPECS

Material:Z-Foam
Wingspan:78 in (198 cm)
Length:63 in (162 cm)
Wing Area:1073 sq in (70 sq dm)
Flying Weight:12.0 lbs (5.5 kg)
Motor Size:50-60 Size
Recommended Motor Battery:22.2V 5000mAh 30C 6S LiPo
Minimum Required Radio:6+ channel transmitter and receiver
Recommended Fuel:Electric
Flaps:Yes
Retracts:Yes
Approximate Flight Time:8 minutes
Approximate Assembly Time:Less than 1 Hour

<tbody>
</tbody>

trojan-6-png_1447080952.jpg

Needless to say this thing is a MONSTER!
Before you invest in a big plane, make sure you have the money to back it up. That means investing in a bigger battery, bigger charger, space to move it to and fro, etc. Keep these things in mind when looking at any large model.

trojan-7-png_1447080983.jpg

Whatever headaches come with the upkeep of a large model (including getting it to the field) seem to disolve once you get the thing in the air. The presence this creates is amazing!

trojan-8-png_1447081014.jpg

Much like the Carbon-Z Cub, it's difficult to tell if this is the giant model or not while it's flying. It's scales beautifully.

trojan-9-png_1447081035.jpg

trojan-11-png_1447081086.jpg

The retracts are servoless and move with scale speed.

trojan-13-png_1447081115.jpg

Flying inverted is a breeze! Large loops and knife edges are also possible. Dispite the large size the Trojan handles just like it's small and more approachable brother. Start with altitude as your friend (a lot!) and end right off the deck.

trojan-14-png_1447081168.jpg

At the end of the day, it's an awesome airplane. This is definitely for the seasoned pilot who understand the upkeep involved. A big plane mean big money! The size is a double edged sword. It's what helps the smooth characteristics and gives it that beautiful presence but hanger rash will be a thing and if you dont' have an easy way to move it the setup and tear down will be frequent.
We really enjoyed the Carbon-Z T-28. Good choice you guys!

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Very cool my dad flew real T-28's in the navy while in Pensacola. Would be nice to fly one of theses but my wife would divorce me I started spending $ like I did in my teens and early 20s on this stuff. :p Great review the feel of large scale is different..

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
The people on the periscope feed must have a lot of loose cash. Watching the review of this plane is like reading a review of a Shelby Mustang.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
nice plane but the price tag is ridiculous the regular t 28 is still better in my opinion interested t see how the RC community takes this

Capt_Beavis

Posted a thousand or more times
They ask in the video of Periscope is a good way to decide these things. I say "No" Only a small minority that doesn't work regular jobs is able to participate in the Periscope feeds. I would much rather see planes in the 100-200$ range that I may actually purchase. HH has many planes like that out now.

airhawk

Crashing Ace
A poll is better than periscope keep it was a 7 day closing time not much can go wrong i cant get periscope on my phone because of Google play

AdamV

I could be wrong, but It seems like most of their reviews are in the 100-200 range. I thought it was great to see a review on a plane I was very curious about but would never be willing buy. I have watched the replay, but I also would have asked for the t-28! The poll is a neat idea, but I like the spontaneous nature of periscope

For the next episode they should mount smaller t28s on the side of the carbon z like the bloody bomber episode.