E-Flite Scimitar

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

Have you ever wanted to buy a Scimitar? In this episode of Flite Test, Josh and Josh review the E-Flite Scimitar! This amazing plane is built tough, and is made for high G maneuvers, and crazy aerobatics. Watch this episode to see more.

Here is the link to the DX8 download for the Scimitar.
http://www.e-fliterc.com/ProdInfo/Files/DX8_Setups.zip

Balancing your prop instructional video from Horizon:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/carbon-z-scimitar-bnf-EFL10180

Check out the main Flite Test article here:
http://flitetest.com/articles/e-flite-scimitar

Attachments

• scimitar4.JPG
    scimitar4.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 82
  • scimitar2.JPG
    scimitar2.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 79
  • scimitar3.JPG
    scimitar3.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 78
  • scimitar4.JPG
    scimitar4.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 75
  • scimitar5.JPG
    scimitar5.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 77
  • scimitar6.JPG
    scimitar6.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I have been waiting for this for sooo long! Ever since I saw the package of the first one you got in Joab´s hands :D:D

Unbelievable plane and it is bigger then I though.

Great review!

sandblaster

Did you notice they talked and showed powered retracts, but in flight they left them down and yet at the end they showed a plane with no wheels, retracts up. Yep! Think one plane had a very hard stop with the earth.

Oh! They did not talk of needed skill level, maybe it was very obvious. Yet the plane did seem to have good slow fly behavior.

John Campbell

Another GREAT Review. Great job guys. A friend of mine just got one for Christmas and has not been able to maiden yet. A log of great info.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
I agree, Josh S should be able to fly some of the more advanced planes so people will understand why you should start with much more "pilot" friendly planes.

I think it would be a great learning experience not only for him, but also all of us that aren't on the upper end of intermediate to lower end advanced pilots.

Great video though and what appears to be a very nice plane!

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Yep. Well... not the exact same one.
I'll let you all speculate as to "why" the footage isn't in the review... we tried :[

Does that explain this?

Did you notice they talked and showed powered retracts, but in flight they left them down and yet at the end they showed a plane with no wheels, retracts up. Yep! Think one plane had a very hard stop with the earth.

Oh! They did not talk of needed skill level, maybe it was very obvious. Yet the plane did seem to have good slow fly behavior.

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Does that explain this?
I bet it's more because HH doesn't want to see their product stuck in a cell tower. There are critics and party poopers out there just waiting to pounce on a situation like that. These unfortunate people suck all the fun out of the hobby and think it needs to be a super serious, strict affair.

StoneKap

Executive Producer
Admin
Mentor
Does that explain this?

We have to cut the shows down for time. Bixler did fly it with the wheels up, but the part where he says it got cut out. At 7:15 you can see the wheels are up after the flat spin.

At 5:06 you'll hear subtle reference to the "mishap".

mickvk

Hi, you said you were going post a link to the programming download. I logged in at spektrum and they don't have it listed yet either... Will you post it? Thanks.