EAA Aviore Glider Plans

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for plans for the Flite Test EAA Aviore Glider. The part number in the store is FLT-7007. The only way you can get the glider is buy a 50 pack. I don't even 50 gliders. I tried a search for the plans with no luck. Does anyone know if the plans exist. And if they do, does anyone have a link to the plans.

Thanks for any help,
Al

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for plans for the Flite Test EAA Aviore Glider. The part number in the store is FLT-7007. The only way you can get the glider is buy a 50 pack. I don't even 50 gliders. I tried a search for the plans with no luck. Does anyone know if the plans exist. And if they do, does anyone have a link to the plans.

Thanks for any help,
Al
It is basically a chuck glider version of the Long-EZ..

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for any help,
Al

I asked FT about this a while ago. As it stands now, since this was developed with the EAA, they will not be releasing free plans for the EAA Aviore Glider. However, there will be some other glider designs coming in the near future. There is a good chance that plans will be made available for those. Stay tuned.

alan0043

I asked FT about this a while ago. As it stands now, since this was developed with the EAA, they will not be releasing free plans for the EAA Aviore Glider. However, there will be some other glider designs coming in the near future. There is a good chance that plans will be made available for those. Stay tuned.

Thanks for the info. It will be interesting to see what the designs look like. I printed out the Long EZ plans. Going to try to make a glider with a narrow body like the EAA Aviore glider.

Al

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I myself keep looking for the eurofighter chuck glider and F-22 chuck glider designs. Our club bought a bunch and handed them out to kids at a local Maker Faire, and people constantly ask where they can buy more or build their own. Unfortunately, they're no longer available at the FT store, so I can't buy them and reproduce it through a pattern myself...

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
I myself keep looking for the eurofighter chuck glider and F-22 chuck glider designs. Our club bought a bunch and handed them out to kids at a local Maker Faire, and people constantly ask where they can buy more or build their own. Unfortunately, they're no longer available at the FT store, so I can't buy them and reproduce it through a pattern myself...

I will ask the guys if those plans can be released.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
In case you missed the Build with Bix live stream today, Josh mentioned a new EZ Pack series that will be getting introduced on the store later this year. The kit will come with 3 plane designs that can be built as chuck gliders or powered by the EZ pack. Not sure what time in the video he talks about them. If you find it, please share the time stamp.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I will ask the guys if those plans can be released.

That would be great, Dan. :) The jets seem to be very popular designs for kids, and seems to be hooking them into the hobby. We tell the parents, "This is what we refer to as a 'gateway drug' - the first one's free, but the rest'll suck ya in and cost you!" :) Several parents have shown up at our club field and have gotten into the hobby since, just based on the chuck gliders, so we see it as a wonderful start.