Eachine P-51D Mustang

DazDaMan

Elite member
This little guy rocked up at my house on Wednesday. Four channel, with gyro stabilisation, and a handy beginner-intermediate-expert flight mode setting so that you can have ultimate enjoyment from flying it.

I haven't flown it myself yet but, once the wind has died down, I will go commit aviation....!

Attachments

• Mustang1.jpg
    Mustang1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Mustang2.jpg
    Mustang2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 0

TooJung2Die

Master member
You sound genuinely enthused with this airplane. Flight stabilization sure has come a long way since I bought a beginner RTF. That was a disaster and soured me on the hobby for several years. The "anti-crash technology" was more like "guaranteed you'll crash it". If it wasn't for the Flite Test cheap to build and great flying Tiny Trainer I never would have gotten back into this hobby or stayed this long.
I've never flown anything with flight stabilization. I might have to get one just to see what it's like. Then I can strip out the electronics and put it in a balsa airplane. :)

DazDaMan

Elite member
As soon as I get the chance, I'll fly the Mustang and report back.

Eachine also do an F4U Corsair which looks to be just as good.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
As soon as I get the chance, I'll fly the Mustang and report back.

Eachine also do an F4U Corsair which looks to be just as good.
I've been eyeing this one and since I already have my Mini Mustang in the redtail livery I've been leaning towards the F4U. There is supposed to be a T-28 soon as well.

DazDaMan

Elite member
I managed to get the Mustang flying twice today!

Have to say that she flew perfectly fine both times. I tried to film the first flight using a new camera, but it didn't work for some reason, so I had to go out and have another attempt!

The resulting video was OK, but I will try again at some point!

Attachments

• Mustang flyby.png
    Mustang flyby.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Mustang flyby2.png
    Mustang flyby2.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Mustang flyby3.png
    Mustang flyby3.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Mustang2.jpg
    Mustang2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 0

Sly Fox

I have both the Eachine P51 and F4U. Love them both. I had never flown an RC plane before. The P51 has had it's share of crashes but has done well. My latest incident was with a light pole (pictures in another thread). I have patched it up and will see if she will still fly.