Eachine Racer 250 with throttle noise even after L-C filter added!

OK - I have an Eachine Racer 250 for my first FPV rig. I was getting some serious Death Static at certain throttle points. I would get 2/5ths up on my throttle...and I would hit the first batch...a bit higher get another...etc. Definitely a serious problem for a beginner when they can't see anything.

Hit the Internet and everyone says I need a power filter. Makes sense. I got a little L-C filter off of Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018X744TO?refRID=8Z9HHCXRGW7CK4A9Q8QP&ref_=pd_ybh_a_99

Splice it into my, rather short, power cable between the PDB and the Tx.

Better, but I still have at least two "spots" where the screen goes blank. It is very frustrating. Especially since when I test without props in my house, which for some reason gives me no static! I assume that even the slight load the props put on are somehow part of the problem...I dunno...increased amp draw?

Anywho, here is a pic of what I have. I put liquid electrical tape on both sides of the filter to cut out any chance of a short. This filter is really crammed up front. Don't want any hot points touching.

Her is a pic.
eachine noise filter.jpg

Any insight? Bad L-C filter? Gremlins? Punishment from Ra the Sun God?