Eachine TX06

Tabdy

I've bought a couple of TX06s which seemed an advance on the TX03. However they have come with a bunch of video and audio wires on one side in addition to the power wires coming out of the opposite side. Can I just ignore them or must I connect them in order for the camera to work. If so, what must be connected to what!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It depends on what its going in and what you want it to do. You can just add power and set it up to what ever channel you wish to use and it will be fine. The other wires are for a different camera input, smart adudio if you have an osd capable to use it for channel switching. Be wary of what you use this in as its only 25mw and that range will be VERY short. Depending on the channels it can be like baseball diamond short or football field short but I would not rely on anything further then that to be stable.

Tabdy

It depends on what its going in and what you want it to do. You can just add power and set it up to what ever channel you wish to use and it will be fine. The other wires are for a different camera input, smart adudio if you have an osd capable to use it for channel switching. Be wary of what you use this in as its only 25mw and that range will be VERY short. Depending on the channels it can be like baseball diamond short or football field short but I would not rely on anything further then that to be stable.

Thanks for that. I gave it a shot and discovered it worked. I thought this model had various power options which was why I chose it rather than getting another TX03. I've mounted it in a Carbon Cub but not yet tried it in the air yet. I also want to take advantage of the OSD in another aircraft.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
becareful with the aios when flying in and out of shade. they REALLY are bad with light management and can cause crashes due to too dark or white washing

Tabdy

becareful with the aios when flying in and out of shade. they REALLY are bad with light management and can cause crashes due to too dark or white washing
Thanks for the warning. I will be using it in a fixed wing so it's unlikely I will be going in and out of shade.

Tabdy

Perhaps you could explain to me why I might want to channel hop. Also, how do I change the power setting. There's no mention of it in the instructions.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
There is no way to change power settings on that particular VTX.

The power variance comes from component tolerances and antenna matching being an average to cover all the frequencies in the band. Other wise you would have to have a matched antenna for every frequency to optimize it. So the further away from the center frequency you get the less power gets radiated even though the same output power is used.

Someone did some testing a while ago on a 200 mw vtx and the output power varied from (Not sure if he measured in mw or dbm at the output) 35 to over 300 across the entire range of frequencies that particular model was capable of.

Here is a test to show what I mean on a 25mw vtx just to give you an idea.

Last edited: