EACHINE X220HV need help! real help!

sQUAD11

i bought eachine x220hv with t8sg v2 plus jumper. all were fine .after upgrading t8gsv2plus connection between x220hv lost. i tried everything but no connection. i have tried all with betaflight but no sollution.

i also deleted all configuration in betaflight too.

now nothing configured and all waiting to work... i need real help. please.

thank u.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Ehat receiver are you using. If it's FrSky - ensure the setting for the receiver on the transmitter matches the region setting - FCC or EU. Try changing it to the other and see if your connection returns.

sQUAD11

on box it says optional fry or flysky. how can i understand which receiver is mine? there is no exact explanation about what package includes.

i know these are silly questions. but im really new. real..

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
on box it says optional fry or flysky. how can i understand which receiver is mine? there is no exact explanation about what package includes.

i know these are silly questions. but im really new. real..
I looked up the manual for the quadcopter, there's no mention of a receiver so I made the assumption you had added one. Also you said you 'lost' connection, so I was also assuming you had it working before the software upgrade so would know what receiver you had. You could take a good close up of the receiver and post it - maybe we can work it out for you.

FDS

Elite member
Also if you deleted the factory tune without backing it up first then you are bricked until you find the correct starting set up again. You need a complete stock CLI dump to reset everything. The stock set up has all the rates and setting in,
NEVER do a full chip erase without using both the backup feature and going to the CLI window to type
diff all
then use the save to file to make a backup .txt file.
If you got the target wrong in Betaflight when you installed the new version then you are certainly bricked until you can sort that out.
What did you do the transmitter firmware? Why did you update it and what did you update it from and to?
If your transmitter is bricked as well then you have real problems.

sQUAD11

Attachments

• rm7985-1-9c57-ww8y.jpg
    rm7985-1-9c57-ww8y.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 0

sQUAD11

Also if you deleted the factory tune without backing it up first then you are bricked until you find the correct starting set up again. You need a complete stock CLI dump to reset everything. The stock set up has all the rates and setting in,
NEVER do a full chip erase without using both the backup feature and going to the CLI window to type
diff all
then use the save to file to make a backup .txt file.
If you got the target wrong in Betaflight when you installed the new version then you are certainly bricked until you can sort that out.
What did you do the transmitter firmware? Why did you update it and what did you update it from and to?
If your transmitter is bricked as well then you have real problems.

Hi FDS. ı can see that i did the all wrong steps that i can do. i ve updated the firmware because controller was making screen breaks and it was not coming back. version was old. after updating with dfuse and deviation tx firmware. controller worked fine.. but all stock models was gone because i did not take backup before and could not configure it again by myself.. thats my bad.

in betaflight i was trying to sort out what to do to fix this controller issue. then i created another disaster. i was tryin to undo my changes. but made all board settings back to factory. because i choosed that reset settings button. everything is working as normal. but i think i have to setup everything again.

i did not do anything except resetting the settings in betafligt. no erase no update rc board etc.

i just lost my all configuration on rc and controller.

could not find any docs on internet..

ill appreciate if you guys can help.

thanks

sQUAD11

Ok good news for me. FDS / Caroline i ve just found that i backed up my stock T8SGV2 PLUS Files.

is it will be enough if i delete all files in T8 and copy that backup files back in it? or just copying models folder is ok?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Yes, that will def. help. You may need to re-bind your receiver to the transmitter. Your receiver is FlySky and running on IBUS so make sure you set that as you bind and also in Betaflight - the receiver section.

sQUAD11

This is the stock settings before upgrade. i will try to change model file directly in remote controller. i hope it will be fine.

so only problem is i have deleted all settings with betaflight in fpv. i need to try set it up again. maybe by some videos on youtube or etc.

i really wanna make my first fly in this weekend and crash :)

name=X220HV
mixermode=Advanced
type=multi
[radio]
protocol=AFHDS-2A
num_channels=8
fixed_id=123456
tx_power=150mW

[protocol_opts]
Outputs=PWM/IBUS
Servo Hz=50
LQI output=None
Freq Tune=0
RX ID=23252
RX ID2=-25791

[channel1]
reverse=1
template=simple
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch1

[channel2]
template=simple
[mixer]
src=ELE
dest=Ch2

[channel3]
failsafe=-100
template=simple
[mixer]
src=THR
dest=Ch3

[channel4]
reverse=1
template=simple
[mixer]
src=RUD
dest=Ch4

[channel5]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=SW B1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch5
switch=SW B2
curvetype=fixed

[channel6]
template=expo_dr
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
scalar=-100
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=SW D1
scalar=0
curvetype=fixed
[mixer]
src=AIL
dest=Ch6
switch=SW D2
curvetype=fixed

[trim1]
src=LEFT_V
pos=TRIMLV+
neg=TRIMLV-
[trim2]
src=RIGHT_V
pos=TRIMRV+
neg=TRIMRV-
[trim3]
src=LEFT_H
pos=TRIMLH+
neg=TRIMLH-
[trim4]
src=RIGHT_H
pos=TRIMRH+
neg=TRIMRH-
[timer2]
type=countdown
time=10
[datalog]
switch=None
rate=1 sec
[safety]
Auto=min
[gui-128x64]
V-trim=59,10,1
H-trim=5,59,3
V-trim=65,10,2
H-trim=74,59,4
Small-box=2,22,Ch3
Small-box=2,31,Timer1
Small-box=2,40,Timer2
Model=75,20
Battery=102,1
Toggle=4,10,0,3,0,None
Toggle=13,10,0,5,0,None
Toggle=22,10,0,4,0,None
Toggle=31,10,0,0,0,None
Toggle=40,10,0,0,0,None
TxPower=102,7
quickpage1=Telemetry monitor
[voice]

FDS

Elite member
If you used reset then that’s not a disaster, all you will have deleted was any changes you made. Re bind the TX to the receiver, then you will need to re set all your arm switches, modes and any rates you may have altered.
Start with setting all the Aux channels back up for things like the arm switch and modes.
Then you will need to check all the stick inputs in the receivers tab and be sure all those are done.
Bardwell has a great video on setting up, including how to do back ups etc. It’s not on BF 4.1 but most of it is still the same.

Initially don’t upgrade the board firmware, do all the back up stuff but ignore the part about updating Betaflight on the FC, as that is more complicated than you need at this point. It will fly fine on the stock tune.

sQUAD11

Ok guys. with these all help. i m done. now i have connection with RC-FC. Motors are arming disarming. but :) now i have another problem. whenever i throttle up. motors starts to raise power themselves.. what conf i did wrong?

sQUAD11

esc's calibrated. all motor protocols tested. no difference... whe i give it a bit throttle it directly goes to the maximum.

FDS

Elite member
If you have the props off on the bench then it is normal for the motors to do that, there’s no load on them so they will spin up like that.
Put props on and do an arming test OUTSIDE, well away from people or buildings.

sQUAD11

ok FDS ill try it within 2-3 hrs ill update here a.s.a thank you again.

After old RC files restored. all commands are as it should be. ı did binding again. now it arms ( if i choose not to spin on arm it still spin the motors but i dont know if it is a issue ) all controls are ok. betaflight config looks fine i did all from joshua videos that you sent. now i think i can try it outside..

sQUAD11

it just armed. started to fly after 1-2 minutes suddenly got full throttle with yaw like 25 degrees then lost with lightspeed... been tryin to find it for 3hrs.. nothing.. i lost it.... :(

i wanna say thanks both of you. i ve learned too much thing about fpv's here.. but now i only have rc with me. even if i try to buy new one because of im living in cyprus it will take more than 2 months to come from aliexpress or banggood. and its not cheap thing if im gonna loose one more...

anyways.. thank you all..

FDS

Elite member
Never fly before testing everything, I said to arm test it, not fly it. Arm testing is to set up the arm and disarm ONLY, then you progress to hovering. That way if it takes off you disarm straight away and it drops.
You can set up a beeper to find your quad, I know it’s a bit late now but something to think about for when you find it. Keep looking, it could be much further out than you think.
If you are considering buying another pre made DO NOT do anything before backing up the whole stock tune and setting up arm/disarm, beeper, modes and crash flip on Betaflight. I would also consider a smaller and cheaper micro drone like the Sailfly or similar that is cheap to buy but fun to fly. That way you have less to lose in learning, or get in some sim time.
Fly aways like you had today can always be avoided if you go SLOWLY in learning. Get everything working reliably first, then start by only hovering. If anything happens DISARM IMMEDIATELY. That way it just drops to the floor and can be recovered. Flying with an observer is a good idea too. They can watch your drone and look out for hazards you might not see in the goggles.
Spin on arm is normal, you want that to tell you it’s armed and to keep back. I always keep that on.
I lost my first quad, it was a horrible experience, sorry to hear you had that problem. Keep looking!