Eastern Pennsylvania

offaxis

Tentative fly day and picnic on May 16th in Bernville, PA. I think the last baseball game at the local park starts at noon so I am planinning on a 2-3pm start. We will have burgers and dogs afterwards. Maybe some night flying if anyone is still hanging out. I will confirm that the park is available before we set this in stone.

I will not be able to make it on the 16th. I have a 3pm wedding to go to.

rtrickyjr

I'm In Drumore, PA, South of Willow Street

First time on. I'm in Drumore, PA, which is just a few miles south of the Buck, PA, maybe 3 miles south. and about 10 miles south of Willow Street. The closest town would be Quarryville, PA, which is north east of me a few miles. I am only a few miles from the Maryland line.

Anyone close to me?

Ground loop

Free Flight Indoorist
I run down to the hobby shop at the Buck from time to time. It's about a thirty minute drive for me. I'm north east in Coatesville.

Last edited:

VadersDad

Mechanicsburg/Harrisburg checking in. Been flying, driving, floating r/c on and off for a long time. Came across Flite Test and it got me back into it. Now my son and I have two 250 mini quads and a Tek Sumo wing. I have a pair of Fat Sharks if someone still needs to try on a pair. We just fly at the middle school, its just around the corner and I have never cared for flying clubs. Too many egos and rules.

PhenomPilot

Welcome to the forums VadersDad! I ended up buying a pair of Fatshark Attitudes and have been lenjoying them with my zmr250.

Peznet

Hi everyone - I am new to the forum but have been flying since January. I am hosting a family plane building and demo event on October 3rd in Phoenixville (about 40 min from bernville) and am looking for someone to demo combat with me for the kids (and any other kinds of cool demos you might suggest). If anyone is interested please let me know! The event is 1-5pm and the demo part will be at 3pm approx. thanks!

Lunyen

Hey all northeast people. I have been watch flitetest for a few months now and I caught the bug thought I just say hello.

LawnDartDave

Does anyone fly in the Lower Bucks County/Bensalem area? I think I'm in a RC dead zone. I fly mostly FPV race quads but I have a few fixed wings models collecting dust now that I've been bit by the FPV bug. I fly at local ball fields and have never even seen someone with a RC car.
I've checked out 2 local clubs and it's not my thing because if I wanted to feel judgmental eyes on me when I fly I'd bring my wife with me.

PhenomPilot

Welcome to the local forum guys! This area does seem like it is an rc dead zone. I was I Dallas for two weeks recently and flew with 3-6 guys every day on their "lunch break". Some even carry race gates in their cars just in case they get to fly.

Megadudemajig

I might be late to the party but I am a beginner from the Lancaster area. I know this is the wrong season to look for people to fly with but if anyone out there doesnt mind putting up with a noob then I would love to fly with people.

offaxis

I might be late to the party but I am a beginner from the Lancaster area. I know this is the wrong season to look for people to fly with but if anyone out there doesnt mind putting up with a noob then I would love to fly with people.

Welcome! The Lebanon and Lancaster area is pretty dead with RC pilots. There are clubs out there but are mostly comprised of grumpy old guys. If I lived closer I would hang out at this club: York Model Aviators

Also don't forget about the spring swap meet: http://cpaa.us/

I'm from Lebanon and work in Brownstown

Last edited:

Megadudemajig

Welcome! The Lebanon and Lancaster area is pretty dead with RC pilots. There are clubs out there but are mostly comprised of grumpy old guys. If I lived closer I would hang out at this club: York Model Aviators

Also don't forget about the spring swap meet: http://cpaa.us/

I'm from Lebanon and work in Brownstown

Yea so I notice. I have really only seen one guy flying a control line plane at the same park I fly in (Rolland Park in Akron). I found a local club and i am going to go check out their fly in at Spooky Nook in early January (the 5th I think) to see if they are cool and if they wouldnt mind taking in a new member.

peterskunk

West Chester PA

Hi, I'm new in the forum, I'm flying in West Chester PA, so anyone in West Chester, Exton, Malven we can meet and have some fun!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm building a balsa kit for a Cessna 172 but i'll love to build a Flite test model. I've been flying for more than 20 years but i just get an Apprentice and i love it.

Last edited:

offaxis

Yea so I notice. I have really only seen one guy flying a control line plane at the same park I fly in (Rolland Park in Akron). I found a local club and i am going to go check out their fly in at Spooky Nook in early January (the 5th I think) to see if they are cool and if they wouldnt mind taking in a new member.

A float fly at Rolland Park would be sweet.