• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Eclipson Model A (free version)

Anyone flown with a wing printed in petg yet?
I was flying a football field today and my wing snapped and the plane starting spinning like a missle and crash into the car park. Was lucky no cars were around. Wing was printed in pla and broke off from one of the glued joins was my fault. I have a wing printed in petg ready to be glued together.

Attachments

Here is my Version of the Model A after a great maiden flight yesterday.
It flies absolutely perfect, cruising on 3s, unlimited vertical on 4s.
Great plane!
Next will be the Model D.

IMG_20210317_165306.jpg

elcp

Is there anyone of this forum can help answer these question about 3D printing the Eclipson Modem A out?

I have a creative ender 5 printer.
I see there is g-code files for PLA.
Do I copy them to an SDCARD and just print them out? or should I use the STL files and a slicer program?

I have simplify3D software, does anyone know what setting to set for the slicing profile if I need to use a slicer program?

I have not used Cura program before, should I use Cura instead of simplify3D?
if so what profile setting should I set to get a good print?

Thank You
Sidney
Hey, there just finished printing mine and struggling with the electronics, a post for another thread. The download includes sliced g code files so you don’t actually need the slicer. Download includes files for PLA, which I used and also for LW-PLA. I have Cura 4.8. Of you use LW-PLA it recommends printing one piece at a time to avoid stringing.

I did the same, just used the gcode for pla and used Esun PLA+ and it worked very well. Mine was mostly printed on a Adminlab Gantry S which is pretty much a clone of the Ender 3

I was planning to use a Sunny Sky 2212-13 980Kv motor with a 9 x 4.5 prop and wondered if that was powerful enough for the PLA version. It weights 63g and I tried balancing with a 3s 1300mAh battery that weights 119g and a 3s 2200 mAh battery that weights 167g. It was tail heavy with the smaller battery and balanced fine with the larger one placed up close to the motor. I noticed in the build video Troy was placing the battery almost under the wing but he had made his with the light weight PLA so maybe that made a difference or maybe his motor was heavier.

Last edited:
That was what I found as well. a 1300 is right up to the motor mount. I am running a 2212 1000kv with a 8x4 prop and 3 cells and it worked fine with good climb out. If you want more of a rocket a 1300-1400kv would do the trick. My second flight was with a 2200 3 cell and it was easier to balance. If you have to add weight to balance, you got to do it. I flew fine with the 2200 and I would rather have a bigger battery than lead.

That was what I found as well. a 1300 is right up to the motor mount. I am running a 2212 1000kv with a 8x4 prop and 3 cells and it worked fine with good climb out. If you want more of a rocket a 1300-1400kv would do the trick. My second flight was with a 2200 3 cell and it was easier to balance. If you have to add weight to balance, you got to do it. I flew fine with the 2200 and I would rather have a bigger battery than lead.
Did you also print yours with regular PLA ?. If so that's good to hear that a 2200 mAh battery is not too heavy. I've installed the Aura 5 Lite and its setup with a flapperon config so should be an interesting maiden, possibly this coming Wednesday.

I've just started printing with the free gcodes on a stock Ender 3 V2 (using lw-pla), and the first couple of parts seem perfect. This is lookin like being much easier than I imagined. Phew!

Did you also print yours with regular PLA ?. If so that's good to hear that a 2200 mAh battery is not too heavy. I've installed the Aura 5 Lite and its setup with a flapperon config so should be an interesting maiden, possibly this coming Wednesday.
I used Esun PLA+ and was very happy how it came out. I had some pla from a local shop and it was terrible and broke the wing as I was putting the ailerons on. You may want to do a wing panel and make sure it will hold up. Mine was separating at layers when even squeezed a little.

I used Esun PLA+ and was very happy how it came out. I had some pla from a local shop and it was terrible and broke the wing as I was putting the ailerons on. You may want to do a wing panel and make sure it will hold up. Mine was separating at layers when even squeezed a little.
I used Hatchbox PLA and Hatchbox PETG for the motor holder. Take off weight is about 730g using the 2200 battery.

Hi all. Still printing my model a. Pretty new to 3d printing. Got my printer early january. I was wondering about the rules for uploading files. I used meshmixer and combined f1 and f2 into a single stl. I did the same with f3 and f4. They printed out and glued together pretty good. Thought I would share them if it doesn't violate any rules for modifying Eclipson files. My printer is the creality cr10 mini and the parts just fit the build volume height with a couple mm to spare. F1 f2 is 296.5 mm and f3 f4 is a bit shorter. Am i allowed to share these and does it interest anyone?
Jerry