Eclipson Model A (free version)

Aerotec

Let the madness begin! I'm printing with just regular PLA, but I kind of want a faster plane. Hopefully, it's not too heavy.

Attachments

• IMG_20210205_175039.jpg
    IMG_20210205_175039.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0

SidneyKi

We have decided in collaboration with Flite Test to make a small present to the community. Here you can download the free version of our model A.
https://www.eclipson-airplanes.com/modela

Notes:
-The free version does not include landing gear parts.
-If you decide to get the free version we can not give you direct support. In case of doubt or problem, please use this forum.

Is there anyone of this forum can help answer these question about 3D printing the Eclipson Modem A out?

I have a creative ender 5 printer.
I see there is g-code files for PLA.
Do I copy them to an SDCARD and just print them out? or should I use the STL files and a slicer program?

I have simplify3D software, does anyone know what setting to set for the slicing profile if I need to use a slicer program?

I have not used Cura program before, should I use Cura instead of simplify3D?
if so what profile setting should I set to get a good print?

Thank You
Sidney

jpot1

Elite member
Is there anyone of this forum can help answer these question about 3D printing the Eclipson Modem A out?

Do I copy them to an SDCARD and just print them out? or should I use the STL files and a slicer program?

I have simplify3D software, does anyone know what setting to set for the slicing profile if I need to use a slicer program?

Thank You
Sidney

Give the gcode a shot. Just load it to your sd card and start printing. Lots of variables like Bowden vs direct drive and temp for the pla you are using. I sliced mine in Cura following the parameters Eclipson has on their webpage and got great results. This flys well printed in PLA. I used a 3s 1300.

Prithul

I'm totally going to print this now that I can finally afford the STL files :p

Has anyone tried flying it with a 3S 2200mAh battery? It's the only battery I have at the moment.
Maybe I could scale the wing up a little bit to accommodate for the increased weight?

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder

Has anyone tried flying it with a 3S 2200mAh battery? It's the only battery I have at the moment.
Maybe I could scale the wing up a little bit to accommodate for the increased weight?

I'm totally doing the same thing, also only have 3s 2200 batteries.
printing directly from their gcode on my ender 3 pro

647hotrod

Rookie Pilot/Builder
We have decided in collaboration with Flite Test to make a small present to the community. Here you can download the free version of our model A.
https://www.eclipson-airplanes.com/modela

Notes:
-The free version does not include landing gear parts.
-If you decide to get the free version we can not give you direct support. In case of doubt or problem, please use this forum.

Thank you! pla gcodes are working great!

Spitfire76

My printer is not an Ender 3 or CR-10 and so figured I may need to perform some changes to these profiles.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4019181
I had Cura configured for my Robo R1 plus and got an error when importing the A profile from the above download as the quality type "standard" is not there in Cura for my printer. Got around the issue by setting printer type in Cura as Ender 3 and then changing the bed size, printer settings, start and end Gcodes for my printer. I used the Wing3L as a test print and the only parameters I changed were the temperature setting of the hot end from 220 to 200. Although its not bad I am seeing some small gaps on the leading edge. Of course this is where the hot end has to perform a very sharpe turn so maybe there is a bit of under extrusion, will continue testing.

Last edited:

DeltaKilo69

Thank You
Sidney

I believe the g-code is specifically for an Ender 3. Not sure if it would work just dropping it on the Ender 5.

I took the STL files and sliced in Cura 4.8 for my T-rex 2+. I can basically print the whole plane in one print job with that printer. You could on the Ender 5, as well. However, am only doing the fuselage in one job as I write this, so I don't lose everything if the print fails. There may also be some parts that should be printed differently; perhaps more infill, but I haven't looked into all the files yet. I just downloaded the set and put the fuselage on the printer.

DeltaKilo69

What wall thickness are you guys using? My nozzle is .4 and I've done other 3Dlabprint planes with my width set to 0.42 or 0.46. I don't see any recommendation on Eclipson's website. I'm currently printing the fuse with 0.42mm

DeltaKilo69

In the FT video, Big Daddy Bixmeister says he's flying with a 4S 2200 pack. 3 cells shouldn't be a problem. Just balance it properly. I don't think they said what the young Spawn of Bix had in his.