Eclipson Model A (free version)

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I know it’s hidden but there’s a lot of gaps in the top layers when printing the motor holder. The white one is PLA and the orange PETG. Using profile C. Anyone else having these results ?
View attachment 193721
This is what mine looks like (PLA)
D905EB9C-863E-42D0-B236-A673BE7EF056.jpeg

SirFaffer

OK, I don't see this on anyone elses prints.. what on earth is going on?

You can also see that the 2mm wire I have doesn't fit. I have checked it with a set of mituyoto calipers and it's definitely 2mm.

Attachments

• 154600432_165978225194960_7899147166386260235_n.jpg
    154600432_165978225194960_7899147166386260235_n.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 155064758_132353085447878_1320028267032901100_n (1).jpg
    155064758_132353085447878_1320028267032901100_n (1).jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 0

TheStapler

How is everyone taping the hinges? I've started using duct tape on one side but thinking of using clear packing tape both sides.

TheStapler

You can also see that the 2mm wire I have doesn't fit. I have checked it with a set of mituyoto calipers and it's definitely 2mm.
Its the wrong size your using. 1.2mm wire you should be using. I think its 2mm on the landing gear.

Spitfire76

I recall from the build video he mentioned 1mm carbon rod. Also there is a note around the center of the drawing indicating a glued push rod of D1,2 (assume diameter of 1.2mm) and not mandatory for the PLA version.

Sero

Elite member
I'm going to use packing tape with medium CA to help hold it. I tested it out and the CA really helped it stick more.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Looks good, are you use the Cura settings from the "C" profile from thingiverse, making a profile based on the drawing, or using the gcode file ?.
I've been using the directions on the eclipson page. However I did change it to 100% infill. There are several other "mistakes" I've come across with the suggested print settings. One being that the rudder needs a bottom layer for alignment with the fuselage. I just figured that the firewall should be 100% infill as well, especially considering I printed it in PLA.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Are those the free files? Mine didn't have any slots in them.

ams25

I'm wondering if anyone can help with me this problem im having when i try to print multiple parts. I'm using A cura profile to print the wing and im having some pretty bad stringing between parts and in-between parts. I tried to lower the retraction down to 25 mm/s but that doesnt seem to make the issue go away. When I print directly from the g-code, the part comes out perfect but I can only print one piece at a time and that is getting pretty tedious.

atulpg

Hello Peeps,

Am printing in PLA any tips or suggestions ? Not using their gcodes as I found out they don't work so well for me.

Anyways do share some tips. Peace.

TheStapler

Maiden flight today. Abit windy but flys great and haven't flown rc plane/helis for over 2 half years, so was a little rusty and had a smooth landing. Cant wait to fly it again.

Attachments

• 20210303_165620_1.gif
    20210303_165620_1.gif
    3 MB · Views: 0

atulpg

Help ! Help !

I am printing in PLA and now at the fus3. I turned the stl file upside down as well as normal but at a certain point it just prints in the air. hehe

What am I doing wrong ? Can someone please help me here. Would really appreciate it

cheers

cafe_delmar

Help ! Help !

I am printing in PLA and now at the fus3. I turned the stl file upside down as well as normal but at a certain point it just prints in the air. hehe

What am I doing wrong ? Can someone please help me here. Would really appreciate it

cheers
Picture ? Settings ? Slicer ?

atulpg

hello cafe_delmar

thanks for getting back mate. I am using cura and settings as suggested on eclipson website. It printed the bottom part but where it starts to take the fuse shape thats where it just prints in air.

let me check if I can attach a pic

Sero

Elite member
hello cafe_delmar

thanks for getting back mate. I am using cura and settings as suggested on eclipson website. It printed the bottom part but where it starts to take the fuse shape thats where it just prints in air.

let me check if I can attach a pic
Ya we need a pic. What printer are you using?

atulpg

Ya we need a pic. What printer are you using?

I am using an ender 3. I used their gcode and it printed fine. Their stl files when printed are completely different.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 0

Sero

Elite member
I am using an ender 3. I used their gcode and it printed fine. Their stl files when printed are completely different.

Their G-code files should work fine for you as their sliced for an Ender 3.
Slicing their STLs will take some trial and error till you get it right.