Eclipson Model A (free version)

maggiolo72

Hi there, plane is finish, start glueling it and looking for the electronic part.
Can someone suggest me a good battery motor foldable propeller combo for a petg/pla printed plane....
Why they ask for a six channel receiver ? I have a 5 one from futaba.
May I also mount a 3 axsis stabilizator to help with flight ?

Last edited:

HeroHerc3001

3B5241AC-12B2-4E62-B25E-4D2053A4B338.jpeg
Ok, so completed the build, used PLA, except for the parts that called for PETG. On hand launch I opened up the throttle and pieces…. The torque of the recommended sunny sky motor ripped out of the mount and destroyed the nose. Anyone have any suggestions?
Prop was balanced, recommended prop, motor and battery.
A89B7E27-15F2-4102-86EE-5C9C11D9380C.jpeg

Propbender1

The fuselage looks like a cold print. Extrusion temperature should be fairly hot. If your hot end is one the is suspect you may have to settle for less. Up the motor mount infill to 100%. and you may be OK.

Last edited:

dlabrie

New to 3d Printing. Only printed a Benchy and first layer base adjustment prints. Printer Ender 3 V2.
I have downloaded the PLA Gcodes and have them ready to print. My question is, Are all the parameters set in the gcodes or do I need to change settings on my printer? On the build page in the bottom right are various parameters. I did change the printing temp to 220 (I'm trying to print #35) but the other settings are confusing. I went to look at speed before starting and it was at 500 for various settings. I looked at it while printing and it says 100 with no various settings. It looks like it is printing well except for where it changes directions there is a line.
Shouldn't the printer be going around without changing direction?

Thanks

Last edited:
I have an Ender 3 Pro first gen. The gcodes should work "out-of-the-box"
Having said that, testing up-front will save you time in the long run.
For the Eclipson C (my first airplane), I created the C and A profiles with Cura and did my own slicing and compared to their gcodes. No major differences as far as I can tell.
I'm now using their g-codes for the Pitts S12.

I did have to create a different profile for TPU (rear tire) print. I did not print main tires in my Eclipson C

I'm attaching the profiles I created in Cura. The configuration files show the changes from the CURA default profiles not all settings.
Cura version v4.10 (as in four point ten, not four point one.)

Attachments

• quality_changes.zip
    12 KB · Views: 0

dlabrie

I have an Ender 3 Pro first gen. The gcodes should work "out-of-the-box"
Having said that, testing up-front will save you time in the long run.
For the Eclipson C (my first airplane), I created the C and A profiles with Cura and did my own slicing and compared to their gcodes. No major differences as far as I can tell.
I'm now using their g-codes for the Pitts S12.

I did have to create a different profile for TPU (rear tire) print. I did not print main tires in my Eclipson C

I was going to try the Model-T but saw that I could print the Model-A for free so decided to try that first. I fly in a field so I don't need the LG.

It looks like it printed OK, Should I have left the printing temp at 200c that comes up when I turn on the printer?

If I have this straight, If I download the Gcode files from Eclipson, the parameters on the build page for PLA and PETG, like print speed, fan speed, the red notes, temps for pla vs petg will all be set by the gcodes?
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 20211018_115838.jpg
    20211018_115838.jpg
    683.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211018_120804.jpg
    20211018_120804.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211018_120823.jpg
    20211018_120823.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 0
  • build page.pdf
    704.6 KB · Views: 0
If I have this straight, If I download the Gcode files from Eclipson, the parameters on the build page for PLA and PETG, like print speed, fan speed, the red notes, temps for pla vs petg will all be set by the gcodes?
Thanks for the help.

Yes. The gcodes should have all that. Are the pictures you attached from the gcodes or from a custom profile you created?
From the look of those pictures, i think you have combing enabled (specs of PLA on the outside are typically cased by combing). Make sure you turn that off.

It also looks like you have a bit stringing.

The PDF calls for profile A.

Create a profile A with Cura and turn combing off. Set the temperature to 205

I have these settings as well that could help solve the stringing.
cool_min_layer_time = 5
infill_sparse_density = 0
retraction_amount = 6
retraction_extra_prime_amount = 0.1
speed_print = 55
speed_travel = 150
speed_wall_0 = 50
speed_wall_x = 50
top_bottom_thickness = 0
wall_thickness = 0.4

Also, make sure your z-seam position is set to frontleft
z_seam_position = frontleft

I highly recommend this video:
He is really good at explaining the settings and has links to some useful tests to help you tune your printer.
I think he is using the exact same model you have

Last edited:

dlabrie

Yes. The gcodes should have all that. Are the pictures you attached from the gcodes or from a custom profile you created?
From the look of those pictures, i think you have combing enabled (specs of PLA on the outside are typically cased by combing). Make sure you turn that off.

It also looks like you have a bit stringing.

The PDF calls for profile A.

Create a profile A with Cura and turn combing off. Set the temperature to 205

I have these settings as well that could help solve the stringing.
cool_min_layer_time = 5
infill_sparse_density = 0
retraction_amount = 6
retraction_extra_prime_amount = 0.1
speed_print = 55
speed_travel = 150
speed_wall_0 = 50
speed_wall_x = 50
top_bottom_thickness = 0
wall_thickness = 0.4

Also, make sure your z-seam position is set to frontleft
z_seam_position = frontleft

I highly recommend this video:
He is really good at explaining the settings and has links to some useful tests to help you tune your printer.
I think he is using the exact same model you have

Thanks so much for the detailed response. I have watched the fellow's videos above. Now that I have some print time under my belt, I should probably go back and watch them again.

The only parameter I set on the part above was the 220C. I have since printed with just the gcodes, picts below.

So, if I set up a profile in Cura with the settings you mentioned. Will I have to import the STL files and re slice them?

Is it possible to turn off combing and to position the z-seam to front left on the printer or do I have to do it on Cura?

Attachments

• 20211019_085513.jpg
    20211019_085513.jpg
    415.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211019_085720.jpg
    20211019_085720.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211019_085831.jpg
    20211019_085831.jpg
    863.7 KB · Views: 0
So, if I set up a profile in Cura with the settings you mentioned. Will I have to import the STL files and re slice them?
Correct. You need to slice the parts again.

Is it possible to turn off combing and to position the z-seam to front left on the printer or do I have to do it on Cura?
Not in my Ender 3 Pro 1st gen. I don't know about your model. If I were to guess, I doubt it. Those settings will inform the slicing process.

dlabrie

I have all of my PLA sections printed and am trying to get started with the PETG sections. I am using the Eclipson Gcodes on my Ender3 V2 and can't get it to stick to the plate. I emailed the vendor of the PLA and this is their reply- "increase the nozzle temp to 250C which is the optimal temp using our PETG and to try 80C bed temp, 20mm/s first layer speed and not to open the cooling fan at first few layers."

I know I can adjust the nozzle and bed temp at the printer but what do I do about first layer speed and cooling? Do I need to adjust it in the Gcode somehow or do I need to take the STL file and adjust it in Cura?

HeroHerc3001

I have all of my PLA sections printed and am trying to get started with the PETG sections. I am using the Eclipson Gcodes on my Ender3 V2 and can't get it to stick to the plate. I emailed the vendor of the PLA and this is their reply- "increase the nozzle temp to 250C which is the optimal temp using our PETG and to try 80C bed temp, 20mm/s first layer speed and not to open the cooling fan at first few layers."

I know I can adjust the nozzle and bed temp at the printer but what do I do about first layer speed and cooling? Do I need to adjust it in the Gcode somehow or do I need to take the STL file and adjust it in Cura?
What I did was book out 10 min of not being distracted and adjust on the printer whilst watching and tweaking. Both speed and fan can be tuned on the printer whilst printing. Drop speed to 30-40 and fan to zero.speed can go even lower the value is essentially a % of the sliced speed. Just sit and ensure the first 2 layers go down ok. Then you can push both the fan and speed back up or the speed up to close to why it was. It will just take longer to print

dlabrie

Success! I raised the bed temp to 80 and the nozzle temp to 240. At some point the gcode dropped the bed temp to 60 and I raised it to 70 and lowered the nozzle to 135. Here are some picts. What corrections would you suggest, if any?
Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211025_144633.jpg
    20211025_144633.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211025_145418.jpg
    20211025_145418.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20211025_145425.jpg
    20211025_145425.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

dlabrie

I spoke too soon on getting the PETG to print. I can't get the wing servo bracket to complete printing. As you can see the base comes out OK, but when it starts to print the brackets, it won't build up properly; I end up with a nest of filament. Also, Is there a way to just print one at a time, so I don't keep wasting filament? Thanks.

Edit note: I got the original STL file and put in Cura. It was already set for just one piece. I adjusted the bed temp to 80 and nozzle temp to 140 and sliced it. While it was printing, I reduced the nozzle to 230 and bed to 70. It seemed to work. Also, I sprayed my bed with hairspray and i am not having problems with it holding to the bed. Pict added of latest print. It isn't the best and I'll take any advice. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20211026_085000.jpg
    20211026_085000.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211026_085009.jpg
    20211026_085009.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211026_085046.jpg
    20211026_085046.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 0
  • from stl file.jpg
    from stl file.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

ToastsOnBean

Good day,

I printed the fuselage and there is no way I can get a 2mm diameter rod in the tubes. The print went great, I used 1 wall with a .4mm nozzle as instructed. The tubes looks fine, but they are basically 2mm themselves.

I'm going to use what ever diameter fits, but I'd like to know what I did wrong.

Thoughts?
Thank you

Last edited:

T4D

Good day,

I printed the fuselage and there is no way I can get a 2mm diameter rod in the tubes. The print went great, I used 1 wall with a .4mm nozzle as instructed. The tubes looks fine, but they are basically 2mm themselves.

I'm going to use what ever diameter fits, but I'd like to know what I did wrong.

Thoughts?
Thank you

Greetings,
So While I was assembling this plane I noticed the rods didn't slide in easily also, however what I did was I'd push it in until it had a bit of resistance then back it up a few mm and then push it through in a quick, swift, forceful manner. I think my problem was that the plastic when printed was slightly stringy causing the rod to have some blockage as it was inserted. Maybe someone else has a better idea, but this is what worked for me. Best of luck!