Eclipson Model A (free version)

Spitfire76

Good day,

I printed the fuselage and there is no way I can get a 2mm diameter rod in the tubes. The print went great, I used 1 wall with a .4mm nozzle as instructed. The tubes looks fine, but they are basically 2mm themselves.

I'm going to use what ever diameter fits, but I'd like to know what I did wrong.

Thoughts?
Thank you
2mm rods I believe are for the landing gear or is that what you are referring to or is it to re-enforce the fuselage ?

ToastsOnBean

2mm rods I believe are for the landing gear or is that what you are referring to or is it to re-enforce the fuselage ?
I'm printing the free model, so I dont have the LG.

That makes sense. I just assume. push rods were for the servos. 1.2mm makes much more sense. Thanks!!

usafflyer1

I used spars on center wing section. I found stl at thingiverse. Also added 2mm carbon rod inside wing. Used on 3 printed A model planes. Even on crashes wing always stayed together.

Attachments

• PXL_20211117_173257761.jpg
    PXL_20211117_173257761.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 1

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Whoa, didn't take U long to to put that new printer use..
LOL! Putting together the third one together tonight, the Shark Aero. Having a ball with this printer, working really well so far. Taking away from my foam board stuff though. Next print is a 64 inch Super Chipmunk, thats going to take a while so I will be able to get on the foam stuff more regular. The hangar is becoming very crowded:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bagasic

Hi i printed the model a and already assembled it. I want to print a second one now. The issue i got with the first one was that the 1.2 mm push rods didn't fit into the holes in the fuselage where they are supposed to fit in. I printed with LW-PLA and already tried a few thinks to solve this but it seems to be unsolvable. Have anyone encounter this problem? I would be happy if someone could help me.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
I believe I saw on one of Troy McMillans build videos where he heats up a pushrod and inserts it into those guide holes to open them up to allow the push rod to move through it freely. You should probably check this before assembling the fuselage pieces to make it easier to clear any obstuctions if they happen. Hope this helps you out

rnormore

Hi

Currently printing the required parts which so far seem to be going ok. I am printing the one without the landing gear.
Do I need all of the rods and connectors that are listed below to print the non landing gear model?

Push Rods - D 1.2mm x 4
Steel Rod - D 2mm L 180mm x 4
Stop Collars - D 2.1mm x 2
Screws - M2 x 8mm x 26
Push Connectors x 4

Thanks!

SSgt Duramax

Hi

Currently printing the required parts which so far seem to be going ok. I am printing the one without the landing gear.
Do I need all of the rods and connectors that are listed below to print the non landing gear model?

Push Rods - D 1.2mm x 4
Steel Rod - D 2mm L 180mm x 4
Stop Collars - D 2.1mm x 2
Screws - M2 x 8mm x 26
Push Connectors x 4

Thanks!
Sounds about right. In place of the 2mm rods I just used construction flags to hold the fuselage together. They're like 1.8mm or something like that.

rnormore

I have a 30 Amp ESC and 3S 2200Mha Lipo on order. Would the following motor be ok and if so what size prop would be a good fit?

Original SURPASS High Performance 2216 1120KV 14 Poles Brushless Motor for RC Airplane Fixed-wing

SSgt Duramax

I have a 30 Amp ESC and 3S 2200Mha Lipo on order. Would the following motor be ok and if so what size prop would be a good fit?

Original SURPASS High Performance 2216 1120KV 14 Poles Brushless Motor for RC Airplane Fixed-wing
Yes, the 2212 they recommend for it is a little on the smallish/underpowered side for it. I ran the 2212 on a 8x5 prop and it was a real ground hugger until it got up to speed. I swapped in a 2217 1100kv motor (similar to the one you listed) with a 9x6 prop and it had adequate performance. You could use a 10x4.5 prop for more static thrust at the loss of speed. Depending on your skills it should still be plenty quick enough for you.

It is the only 3D printed plane that has survived to tell its tale I have so far.

Morgajus

Hello, I have the model V (version 1) that i've crashed a few times and now I'm wondering "what is the largest battery people have been putting in these models?"

I have some 5Ah 3s that I want to try, knowing I will be needing more speed (a larger prop/motor/esc combo is feasible) but I wonder what others have used with any degree of success.
What did you use?
How did it balance/fly?
Any tips?

SSgt Duramax

Hello, I have the model V (version 1) that i've crashed a few times and now I'm wondering "what is the largest battery people have been putting in these models?"

I have some 5Ah 3s that I want to try, knowing I will be needing more speed (a larger prop/motor/esc combo is feasible) but I wonder what others have used with any degree of success.
What did you use?
How did it balance/fly?
Any tips?
That seems like a massive battery for any eclipson plane. I used a 2200 in the Model A and it was a little on the heavy side. I ran a 1000mah in my model d. If it would fit, I am sure you can work it out. I can try to jam a 4500mah 3s in my model A and see if it works. They have tons of room in the planes. No experience with the model v inparticular though.

Morgajus

I tried to fit it into the battery compartment... it won't balance without moving the servos and/or blowing out the side walls. ohwell... I'll stick to my 1600 and 2200s

Morgajus

I tried to fit it into the battery compartment... it won't balance without moving the servos and/or blowing out the side walls. oh well... I'll stick to my 1600 and 2200s
ooff... after almost 2 years since printing, my trusty model V is no more... the controls siezed up during launch and shattered the components across the ground.