I got the control horns sorted finally! I plugged the slot with a popsicle stick wood glued in place, then marked the new holes I needed to drill. I drilled pilot holes then ran the screw into the holes, then hardened with thin CA. Let sit for ten minutes then I put some thik CA on the screws before I attached the horn. It's not going anywhere lol.
Before I install the elevator/rudder I'm going to mount the engine. This way I can stand the fuse on end and not worry about damaging the tail end.
The firewall came with what looks like gray primer already applied.
I'm going to fuel proof the firewall still since it's kind of dry with a epoxy diluted with denatured alcohol. I went ahead and extended the center lines all the way out to help line up the engine. I'll drill the holes and add the blind nuts after the epoxy that way I won't get drips inside the fuselage.
I tried some of those point hinges (the hobbyking versions) and I love them. I used them on foam stuff and they were great. Much more solid control than the tape hinges I had been using. I'm going to use them when I get around to doing the flap mods to my balsa cub. I love point hinges.