EDF FPV

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

In this episode of Flite Test, Josh and Josh show us the EDF FPV! This is an EDF jet that we made FPV! We also made our video receiver and plane transmitter into a handheld ground station! Watch this episode to see what we did.

Last edited by a moderator:

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Fantastic Episode! Loved what Chad did with the monitor! I think I've found my next project :)

earthsciteach

PLEASE POST A BUILD THREAD SHOWING HOW TO INSTALL ALL OF THE FPV STUFF, INCLUDING THE MONITOR ON THE TX!
Sorry for shouting. I got excited for a moment.

lobstermash

Propaganda machine
Mentor
I notice HK didn't just send one unit... Is there much variation in performance between units? There's no way mine would have hand launched like that. I had to really chuck it hard and straight to avert the otherwise inevitable stall and nose in that the Joshes demonstrated in the first launch attempt.

But yeah, massive excitement on the FPV setup. I'd love to have something cheap and simple to get me going...

John Campbell

PLEASE POST A BUILD THREAD SHOWING HOW TO INSTALL ALL OF THE FPV STUFF, INCLUDING THE MONITOR ON THE TX!
Sorry for shouting. I got excited for a moment.

Yes..> Was going to post the same... Particularly want to see more on the viewfinder above the transmitter. great idea. great Video. Great job as always.

John Campbell

BTW JOSH B. Acronyms are getting longer. Been in the airline industry when there were never more than 3. Now they are much larger, so Josh S's idea may be ok. DIY FPV ARF... No problem.

When I worked in GSO for USAir (long time ago) in avionics. When we were finished, we would tell the supervisor that we were going to test the IFE with the VTP and PSU.

IFE - Inflight Entertainment
VTP - Video tape Player
PSU - Passenger Service Unit (IE: Sound/Air Conditioning)

Decoded... Sit down and watch a movie... LOL, they never caught on...

Keep them coming Josh Scott...

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Can you use an old laptop screen? :p
So long as it has some sort of video capture device attached to it. I purchased one some time ago that can plug into my Mac or PC Laptops and I can capture and view directly from the laptop. I didn't like it because the laptop screen wasn't bright enough.

it was like this one

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
I actually meant removing the screen and somehow wiring in a direct input, I have laptops so old that I think my receivers have more computing power

Astroman

Why didn't you guys use the Vampire as a FPV platform, it has awesome gliding characteristics, and once properly balanced it's super stable. Large hatch area too for all that FPV gear.