edf's + rain?

Longbaorder23

Hey all,
I live in a place with very unpredictable weather, and it fluctuates plenty. Although when it rains, its very light with no wind. Can i fly my edf fpv jet in this weather? I plan eventually on using that fuel wrap, and coating my plane to preserve the foam in the harsh conditions i live in, and just for light protection and easy cleaning if i land in muddy grass or something. so Id seal up the entire plane and make it so I dont have to take out very much (if an) hardware to use the plane. And while im flying i will temporarily seal up the exposed battery compartment and all electronics. The only piece of electronics that will be exposed to water is the brushless motor. I will take special car to keep it clean and rust/corrosion free. Does this seem workable? I dedicate lots of time to this, and will not skimp out on work if needed! Also i will probably use some sort of spray or chemical to seal up the cracks in between the fuel sheets, so it will when flying be 100% sealed. Feedback? Thanks!

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
I normally fly in "all weathers".
Unless you have the worst GWS style impellers they will hold for light rain.
Keep the rx and esc from water.
Get a transmitter glove and remember to get your Tx out and dry when home.
TXGlove.jpg

aiidanwings

I normally fly in "all weathers".
Unless you have the worst GWS style impellers they will hold for light rain.
Keep the rx and esc from water.
Get a transmitter glove and remember to get your Tx out and dry when home.
TXGlove.jpg

You can get these free at Walmart. I use them all the time.

aiidanwings

I think it would be more enjoyable to think of you pondering on what sort of water resistant container Walmart gives out for free.

quorneng

Master member
Longboarder23
Don't worry too much about the brushless motor - it will work quite happily under water!

Obviously it needs to be dried out to prevent corrosion.
The electronics in the radio, ESC and servos are most at risk not so much from the water itself (the voltages are too low) but from corrosion and the deposits left behind when it evaporates.

Longbaorder23

I'll keep this posted then! I've got the plane now and almost all of the parts. I'm going to seal up the plane after all of the electronics are in place. I'll post some more threads if I have more questions, I'd love help and support !