Edge 540 motor and prop

"Corpse"

Legendary member
Hey everyone hope you all are well during this mess. I am almost done with an edge 540 build and need advice on motor and prop. Is the Radial 2218 on 4s enough power for 3d? Also what is the best motor prop combo for 3D.
Yes it is! I ran a lower kv motor on a high pitch prop on mine. That's not really good for 3d, but I got it to hover fine. You should have plenty of power especially on 4s.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yup, I used a 9x6 on 4s with the 2218 radial and it had gobs of power! I’d recommend a 9x4.5 actually since the way I fly the motor got a bit toasty. It’ll still fly with power to spare.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Yes it is! I ran a lower kv motor on a high pitch prop on mine. That's not really good for 3d, but I got it to hover fine. You should have plenty of power especially on 4s.
Actually, lower KV swinging a bigger prop is better for 3D. I did fly my edge 540 with the radial C motor with a 3s and 10x5 and it had unlimited vertical. On my edge V2 I’m going to be using the rimfire .15 on 3s with a 11 or 12 inch prop.

Paulieb1979

Actually, lower KV swinging a bigger prop is better for 3D. I did fly my edge 540 with the radial C motor with a 3s and 10x5 and it had unlimited vertical. On my edge V2 I’m going to be using the rimfire .15 on 3s with a 11 or 12 inch prop.
I want to stay 4s as I have lipos already

Bricks

Master member
I put a 3517 1,000kv with a 40 amp ESC swinging a 12X6 it flies well on either 3S or 4s balances perfect once trimmed flies inverted hands off, just the way I like it. If I would of used a 28 size I would of had to add weight this way I have power to spare and then some..