Edge 540 or FT-3d

moke

Can't make up my mind on Edge 540 vs. FT 3D for next build. I have done P40, Scout and DR1 and looking for next step up to practice/learn aerobatics, along with a fun build.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Both the Edge & FT3D are great planes. If you are new to 3D, I would suggest the FT3D as it’s easier to build and repair. It will do everything the Edge will do. When you master 3D go for th Edge.

moke

appreciate the responses. Not a lot of input from others. But decided to 'go for broke' and went with the Edge 540. Hope to have it this week and start the build process. I am kind of intrigued with the build process on this one. The FT-3D is pretty much like the others I have built so looking for something a little more challenging. And I have the club fields that will handle the Edge.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
appreciate the responses. Not a lot of input from others. But decided to 'go for broke' and went with the Edge 540. Hope to have it this week and start the build process. I am kind of intrigued with the build process on this one. The FT-3D is pretty much like the others I have built so looking for something a little more challenging. And I have the club fields that will handle the Edge.

I scratch built the edge a while back, pretty complex build but manageable. One thing that you do not want to do is set it up as a 3d plane right away. Get comfortable with it as a cruiser, then move from there. It would be a shame to see all that hard work destroy itself because it was too touchy.