Edge 540 out of Raw Depron! Rebuilt

teerthwarang

Hey guys!
I built a EDGE 540 from Flite Test plans few days ago and this is how it came together!
Thanks to Andrews for making such a great plane!

Attachments

• 20210419_222959.jpg
    20210419_222959.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0

Nisar

Hey guys!
I built a EDGE 540 from Flite Test plans few days ago and this is how it came together!
@teerthwarang its so clean! this one is pretty complicated but you built it very well. I have started with paper templates yesterday and will be using 5mm depron sheets.

Any suggestions for me from your experiences? Which mm depron did you use? and were you able to successfully fly on your first attempt?

Wilk77

Hey guys!

That looks great! I will be cutting parts this afternoon for another Edge 540 after putting mine in the ground last night.. Super good flyer!

Nisar

So far at this stage. I cannot use hot glue as the one I get here gives very little work
20210826_003024.jpg
time. The pva glue takes time but it atleast allows me overcome my ocd by giving ample of time for adjustments 🧐 🤣

Last edited:

Nisar

That looks great! I will be cutting parts this afternoon for another Edge 540 after putting mine in the ground last night.. Super good flyer!

Whats the electronic configuration did you use? Im just a beginner. Hope your new edge shaping up well.. do share pics if possible:)

Wilk77

Whats the electronic configuration did you use? Im just a beginner. Hope your new edge shaping up well.. do share pics if possible:)

I ran a 2200mah 4s 30C battery, 40A ESC and the FT C-Pack Motor... I had to fly at half throttle unless using all my power for verticle.

Here are pics of the new build... today is day 4 just need to cut out and attach wingtips, glue wing to the fuse, paint and add electronics..

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpeg
    IMG_3327.jpeg
    641.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    549.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 65164100982__0841F8B3-B04A-4B2D-A8C3-D7D27BB56CC9.jpeg
    65164100982__0841F8B3-B04A-4B2D-A8C3-D7D27BB56CC9.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3336.jpeg
    IMG_3336.jpeg
    509.7 KB · Views: 0

Nisar

🤩🤩 what a beauty @Wilk77 ! Thanks for the share and I shall follow the config 👍

Is that depron with pre laminated black or did you stick it? If yes, what kind of glue did you use? Coz I tried laminating with craft sheet but it got curved. I am using the 5mm naked depron. Not so sure about the strength. This is my 3rd plane yet I have not flown any till now. Made a plusher then storch and now this one.. all 3 are due electronics. Why I made 3 in first attempt is, I dont want to disappoint my kids when we go to field. If one breaks I can atleast have a spare to fly! I really liked the Edge.. everyone said its hard to fly 3d planes.. Im even ok if it just sits as a show piece in my home 😝

Is that really tough flying this one? Can we learn to fly like in the build video of ft edge540??

Wilk77

🤩🤩 what a beauty @Wilk77 ! Thanks for the share and I shall follow the config 👍

Is that depron with pre laminated black or did you stick it? If yes, what kind of glue did you use? Coz I tried laminating with craft sheet but it got curved. I am using the 5mm naked depron. Not so sure about the strength. This is my 3rd plane yet I have not flown any till now. Made a plusher then storch and now this one.. all 3 are due electronics. Why I made 3 in first attempt is, I dont want to disappoint my kids when we go to field. If one breaks I can atleast have a spare to fly! I really liked the Edge.. everyone said its hard to fly 3d planes.. Im even ok if it just sits as a show piece in my home 😝

Is that really tough flying this one? Can we learn to fly like in the build video of ft edge540??

Thanks !!! I am hooked on this DTFB model building. It's a whole new world from the nitro/balsa world I was in 25yrs ago.

This is built out of black DTFB.. I will be putting a couple cotes of fast drying poly on it, then paint. It's a great flyer once you realize it needs to be flown slow. At least that is what I found with my build..