Edgewater Air Park Family Night

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some info on family night at Edgewater Air Park. I thought I heard that Thursday night was going be the night for rookie pilots to get help in learning to fly. Does anyone know when this is going to start ? Or is it something still in the works ? I would like to go to the park to learn how to fly.

Thanks for any info,
Al

epsilon

Hi Everyone,

Looking for some info on family night at Edgewater Air Park. I thought I heard that Thursday night was going be the night for rookie pilots to get help in learning to fly. Does anyone know when this is going to start ? Or is it something still in the works ? I would like to go to the park to learn how to fly.

Thanks for any info,
Al
Far as I've heard there's no scheduled weekly things really yet. People can go fly basically anytime, just have to go tho the website and sign the waiver. Josh also said if you want to camp, just email them a day or so in advance so they know you're coming but nothing official has started on that front yet either.

I do know there's a bunch that fly out there fairly regularly and if something is planned a gw days in advance here or through the Facebook groups im sure a different turnout is possible. Josh said last couple times they've said hey, come out tonight or tomorrow they've had 30+ people show up... my point being, see if anyone will be there and ask for help! I for one would be more than happy to figure out buddy boxing and lend a hand and I suspect most people feel the same!

Captain Video

Sounds like fun. The forecast for Malvern for Friday through Sunday is mostly sunny Highs mid 80's lows lower 60s and dry. sounds like FliteFest.

alan0043

Hi Folks,

I am not sure what web site has this waive form on it. I don't do Facebook. Can someone point me the right direction to this web site. I thought Josh said there will be people helping with buddy boxes on Thursday nights. Maybe it is still a few weeks away.

alan0043

http://edgewaterairpark.com/
That's the site. You can fill out the waiver there for each day you'll be there.
I talked with Josh Bixler at Flitefest about Thursday nights, but I'm not sure when they're starting.

Thank you for the link. I will wait to see when Josh will post the info about Thursday nights before I head that way. I have a plane started but not finished yet. I would like someone to check the plane out before I try to fly it.

JennyC6

Elite member
I'll be up there through FPVFest(Mainly using that as an excuse to drive up there in fact!). Fairly new pilot myself, but I've got a known good plane, and I'm more than willing to try to get yours up in the air as well @alan0043 . I fly glow pretty much exclusively so I can't do much for electric power systems, but everything else is more or less the same.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I was curious to know how will Flite Test let us know when Family night will start. I don't do Facebook. I hope they will use the Flite Test forum for any posting of dates for Family night. Maybe the Flite Test gang could have a night for rookies or beginners. That is just an idea.

Al

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I see the air park is open now on Thursdays for training. I will be bring a tiny trainer. How many batteries do I need to have with me ? What equipment do I need to have with me ? This is going to be my first time trying to fly.

Looking forward to training night,
Al

JennyC6

Elite member
Hi Everyone,

I see the air park is open now on Thursdays for training. I will be bring a tiny trainer. How many batteries do I need to have with me ? What equipment do I need to have with me ? This is going to be my first time trying to fly.

Looking forward to training night,
Al
Transmitter, charger, plane, as many lipos as you have for it, basic field repair tools. They have a hot glue gun in the country club resteraunt; little build area by the flight sim.

Also, go fly on the sim. Its well worth.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I started a new post about batteries. It looks like I have only one battery to get started. I am trying to understand about batteries. Too many to choice from. If I have only one battery, how much flight time will I have ?

Al

JennyC6

Elite member
Hi Everyone,

I started a new post about batteries. It looks like I have only one battery to get started. I am trying to understand about batteries. Too many to choice from. If I have only one battery, how much flight time will I have ?

Al
Depends on the capacity of your battery and the amp draw of your power system. If you have only one pack, you'll get one flight per hour, more or less, because itt'l take about an hour to recharge it after each flight. How long those flights take is, again, dependent on the mAh and the demands of the aircraft it's in.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I heard that there is a family weekend at the Air Park starting today. Does anyone have any details ? Any racing ? Combat ?

Al

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have pictures from this past family night ( Sept. 27th ) or the weekend ? Pictures would be great for those that weren't there.

Al