Edgewater Air Park (UPDATE)

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in here and give a quick update to you all here on the forums about the Edgewater Airpark/Indiegogo campaign!

1) We have signed the purchase agreement and started moving on spec'ing at the NEW HQ, removing certain Tree's for RUNWAYS and many other things! We are super excited to finally be able to start "creating" this ground into the world of flight that you all deserve! ;)

2) THE PERKS!! We have started to SEND some of the items we have received to the contributors! We are in the process of continually packaging more and more to send out as well! Also, we are still awaiting certain perks because of lead times, sample approvals and stock issues from other companies... BUT we do have everything on order and so we will be able to complete EVERYONES contribution very soon!

3) Lastly, we know that this place is going to be a place where people can make memories and enjoy time together! For all of your support and contributions we want to say THANK YOU! You all are truly the inspiration behind WHAT we do and we can't thank you enough for your generosity AND your commitment to FLITE TEST and the HOBBY! To the community in its entirety.... WE LOVE YOU, and keep on being awesome!

Blessings everyone and may your skies be FILLED with great "flights" today!

Stefan

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Maybe....

Plan to relocate trees vs destroying them? Mark the trees you want moved and then work a deal with a tree farm to come pluck them and relocate them OR even sell them as I am sure they are pretty healthy being on a well maintained golf course and could potentially draw a decent return. If that is not viable drop the trees themselves and use one of them on the spot mills to cut them into usable boards to sell or re purpose on the property for tool sheds, benches, bleachers, pilot towers if you plan on adding car tracks... the branches can be cut and stored for camp fire wood as well

Chuppster

Maybe....

Plan to relocate trees vs destroying them? Mark the trees you want moved and then work a deal with a tree farm to come pluck them and relocate them OR even sell them as I am sure they are pretty healthy being on a well maintained golf course and could potentially draw a decent return. If that is not viable drop the trees themselves and use one of them on the spot mills to cut them into usable boards to sell or re purpose on the property for tool sheds, benches, bleachers, pilot towers if you plan on adding car tracks... the branches can be cut and stored for camp fire wood as well

Build the hobby shop out of them!

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Parts of them will be used for camp fires with the community ;-)

Flite Risk

with less than 30 days to go I feel the need to interject and possibly derail conversation.

I have not received an update or notification much less then any of the merch that pertains to the founders donation for Edgewater.

I think it would be an efficient use of time for there to be set up at Flite Fest East a tent where people can queue and ask questions pertaining to their contributions.

I can imagine the on-air personalities as they roam around throughout the event being bombarded with questions buy founders pertaining to Edgewater and their donations.

Just my two cents. Another question if it's a penny for my thoughts and I put my two cents in, somebody's making a penny. Who?

Spelling and grammatical errors provided by Samsung voice to text

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Honestly ... I think that would just invite MORE questions that they probably don't have answers to.

This is just my view on the subject, and it's late so forgive the bluntness; I didn't spend money to buy a shirt/hat/coin/etc...I GAVE money to an effort I wanted to support. When something is GIVEN, nothing is expected in return. Is it nice and even awesome that there are some cool "rewards" for those contributions? Sure! But if there are Founders going around asking "when do I get my perks?", you can cordially send them my way and I will kindly help them look up the term "Donation".

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
as much as i may agree with you Ben, there are 2 sides to that coin.

you cannot ask for something, promise something in return, then just disappear. i think that's all that he is saying and i totally understand his frustration. money isn't free or cheap, people have to work for it. every time i watch a FT video now and see them running around in their "founders shirts and hats" it makes me think, "Boy , i'm glad they got theirs, wouldn't it be nice if we had ours." :sneaky:

i know we all LUV FT, but to bash on someone who did their part and is just waiting for the other side to do theirs, just isn't cool in my book. it seems to be happening a lot around this subject lately and it has me scratching my head. :unsure:

my $.02,

me :cool:

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Not bashing on anyone, just trying to give a friendly reminder that donating to a crowdfund isn’t like purchasing a product and shouldn’t come with the same expectations - my apologies if the text came across cold.

And FT didn’t “disappear” ... they literally posted barely a week ago right here at the top of this page with an update on Edgewater, and they’re quite easy to reach on many social media platforms.

I’m all for being helpful and answering questions, and if FT wants to set up a table and post someone there to do just that at FFOH then I will wholeheartedly support them. I just know first-hand how crazy busy FF is and how overextended the staff ALREADY is without having to run a Q&A booth for Founders (who are probably a small percentage of FF attendees), and I thought it unfair of US to ask even MORE of them in that way.

In the future I guess I’ll just keep discussions like this to the in-person variety ... toneless, emotionless text leaves too much of the intent open to interpretation.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I don't believe this conversation is even happening.

What in Flite Tests history has shown ANYONE here that they would "Take the money and run"?
Add to that as Ben said and watch the update video where they have clearly stated that they have most of the things to full fill the orders and will be shipping things out as they can COMPLETE them.

Some people including myself have already got their orders in the past week. More then likely because I only gave a smaller donation then most so my rewards pack was small. I am sure larger rewarded people will be delayed so they don't piss away money doing double shipping by sending some things now and some things later.

Have faith and a little respect for what Flite Test is trying to do. If you didn't have at least some faith you would not have donated to begin with. Stirring up the interwebz for drama points does no one any good.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
And this is why we can't have nice crowdfunding... someone always thinks they bought a product that should be delivered right away and doesn't really want to hear anything else.

FT has always come through on their promises to the community. They are coming through on the rewards now, and in line with what they've said they would do. If this crowdfunding experience makes anyone feel like they've been ripped off, please consider NOT funding any projects on the other major platforms as the experience here in the FT event has a much higher confidence level and success level than you'll commonly find. I've supported upwards of 60 crowdfunding campaigns, and would place this one in the very top segment for communication and delivery.

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
If anyone at Flite Fest has questions regarding Edgewater or their perks, come to the registration tent (when it's not too busy with registrations). I might not be able to answer most of the questions, but I can give you a hug at first (and then try to figure out the answer for you) ;-)

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Hey everyone, it's great there's a discussion, but let's not be too critical of not only Flite Test, but anyone who has criticism about a fund raising campaign. I just started one for a former Flite Test member to see if we can get him to Ohio for FF, so I'm getting first hand knowledge on how tricky this can be (like maybe I should have chosen a better platform)

Anyhow, Flite Risk poses a valid and interesting option. I suspect that rather than a fixed information booth, it might be somewhat reasonable to use the on premises store for such questions if that information can be provided to the staff and volunteers who staff the store?

I met Flite Risk at last years FFE and he was a super hard working (too much so!) volunteer. Perhaps he fell through the communications cracks and this needs to be pointed out to FT? I believe emailing Austin might be the best solution to see if you are appropriately registered with your email for communications. I had an issue where I had a suspicion I wasn't on a communications list because I kept seeing information from others, but hadn't gotten any myself. Turns out there was a glitch in the campaign that resulted in some emails being in a different bucket or just not part of the main list. Anyway, a quick email to Austin resolved everything for me, and helped to point out a problem he didn't realize existed.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hey everyone!

Thanks for starting the discussion and for raising some good questions!
I wanted to interject just a bit of info for everyone to at least be on the same page! ;)

With the indiegogo campaign...
1)we had quite a few issues with the email updates that we sent out. Most of them NEVER reached their destination unfortunately and we are still scratching our heads "Why?" We did not find out about it until just recently after receiving emails from contributors saying we have not heard anything etc.
2) We have tried to update the Edgewater Airpak FB page enough to at least allow for people to know the larger updates. I know not everyone is involved in that.. so if you have not requested to be added then please do so and I will accept and approve you asap!
3) These things take a lot of PLANNING and TIME. We were originally going to send EVERYONES perks out at one time, but because of all of the emails we received of people wondering where their perks were, we decided to start with the ones we HAD on hand. We are still waiting for samples from certain companies. This is where TIME comes into to play: The time is not only OUR time to take time away from the day to day operations to get the indiegogo stuff organized, but also the TIME that it takes to work with other organizations that we are getting these items from. I am still waiting on samples that I ordered over a month ago because of stock issues and printing issues etc.
4)when it comes to these sort of campaigns, normally it takes 6-12 months for things to be sent on average to their contributors. We have tried our best to literally get these things out as soon as possible, but there have been multiple hang ups from the companies we have worked with unfortunately, but we have gotten most of it situated ;)
5) Lastly, I want to thank everyone for the continued patience and support throughout the entirety of this campaign. We are and will always be grateful for ALL of the communities support! We are more then ecstatic to get these things out to everyone for them to enjoy! We also can't wait to see everyone at the new location to create lasting memories for years to come!

I hope this gives some insight on some of the questions that have been initiated and I hope we can continue to keep that spirit of collaborations and cooperation as we move forward together and a community and FAMILY ;)

Blessings everyone!
Stefan

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thanks for popping in for the more specific update Stefan. Hopefully this will alleviate some of the panic and maybe reassure people that you guys ain't off in Jamaica havin a ball on their dime or something else just as crazy hehe. :rolleyes:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
not trying to "start drama," just saying that asking a perfectly legitimate question shouldn't be a problem. if it is, then we DO have a problem.

I don't believe this conversation is even happening.....Have faith and a little respect for what Flite Test is trying to do. If you didn't have at least some faith you would not have donated to begin with. Stirring up the interwebz for drama points does no one any good.

responses like this don't help, and having "senior" members of the FT community flatly tell you your wrong for even asking isn't cool. that's how you bully, belittle, and isolate people. i certainly hope that is not acceptable here?

once again, my $.02.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its not the question that got my hackles up it is how it was presented. That whole thing with not understanding how a funding campaign works and inferring some one is stealing was bad enough. Then when you jumped in I figured it was time to nip the bandwagoneering trend to bash something in the bud.

I don't see how that is bullying or belittling. Maybe to the younger generations of I want it all and I want it now or I get butt hurt it might bother someone with fragile sensibilities but there was no bullying or belittling intended.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Ok guys, let's all take a breather, go fly a plane or quad or something .... we're getting on each others cases over stuff that really isn't a big deal in the long run. I'm sorry I kicked up the hay with my first reply, I should've either let it go or messaged the guy personally if it really bothered me.

Yeah, everyone has their own perspective and their own opinion, but that's what both makes us all unique and at the same time what can unite us. We're all on the "same side": Educate, Entertain & Elevate.

::deep breaths::

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
agreed. (y)

i don't think anyone was insinuating that FT as gonna cheat anyone. i certainly don't think that and have 110% confidence that my stuff will show up. when is the only question. :ROFLMAO:

sorry, i just have seen a few cases now where a "newbie" may ask a question about this subject and they are immediatly pounced upon for even asking. i just don't think thats a good approach. especially for a place touting "community."

i would say next time i will keep my mouth shut, :censored: ....but that would be a lie. ;)

carry on,