Edgewater Airpark and RC Park

massis

Hey everyone!

So, just wanted to check in with yall to clarify...

-We currently and always have produced all of our FT plane kits in house. ;)
-The new MAKER FOAM did have quality control issues and we had to halt production on that type of foam. It is still unknown whether or not this foam will continue to be produced or not based on the quality and effectiveness for our FT Kits etc.

Hope this helps clear things up yall!
Blessings,
The FT Team

Judging on the FT Simple Cub I bought as my first plane a month ago, which was unfortunately delivered as Maker Foam here in Belgium, I'm glad to hear you've halted production.
During construction I already noticed a bunch of the small edge strips you're supposed to peel off (for example on the bottom of the tail) come off really bad and tear. On top of that basically every drop of water that hits it causes a bunch of delamination.

Luckily it's still flying really well (ok it's crashing a lot, but that's not FT's fault :D and it's surviving pretty well!)

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Judging on the FT Simple Cub I bought as my first plane a month ago, which was unfortunately delivered as Maker Foam here in Belgium, I'm glad to hear you've halted production.
During construction I already noticed a bunch of the small edge strips you're supposed to peel off (for example on the bottom of the tail) come off really bad and tear. On top of that basically every drop of water that hits it causes a bunch of delamination.

Luckily it's still flying really well (ok it's crashing a lot, but that's not FT's fault :D and it's surviving pretty well!)
I have had the same with a mini scout. the paper peeled off mid flight and it just broke , snapped in half without the strength of the paper after I unsuccesssfully landed it.

massis

I have had the same with a mini scout. the paper peeled off mid flight and it just broke , snapped in half without the strength of the paper after I unsuccesssfully landed it.
I've "unsuccessfully landed" mine at least 6 times now. Ruined the landing gear fit, tore open the bottom, peeled stuff off the wing and cleanly snapped the horizontal tailsection in half.

Hotglue & packing tape are my best friends :p

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I've "unsuccessfully landed" mine at least 6 times now. Ruined the landing gear fit, tore open the bottom, peeled stuff off the wing and cleanly snapped the horizontal tailsection in half.

Hotglue & packing tape are my best friends :p
well. I could not do anything about it it went too overweight at some point when I had to glue it together way too much, and then at some point it snapped so badly that the it jut snapped all around the motor, adn it just broke it. that is where that story ended. For now trying out a tiny traner, but even sith normal foam board, the tail keeps breaking.

Wil

Judging on the FT Simple Cub I bought as my first plane a month ago, which was unfortunately delivered as Maker Foam here in Belgium, )

From wich shop did you get it ? I've ordered some FT stuff from Robbe Germany and it took a month for delivery.

ninnuam928

It has been awhile since I checked in on this project and am super pleased to see that you have come so far! I was wondering if the hobby store was open and what the hours are. I couldn't find it on the edgewater website and didn't want to make the trip over if it was closed.

unfortunately my fleet didn't survive a basement flood, and I've finally worked up the courage to start flying again!

alan0043

It has been awhile since I checked in on this project and am super pleased to see that you have come so far! I was wondering if the hobby store was open and what the hours are. I couldn't find it on the edgewater website and didn't want to make the trip over if it was closed.

unfortunately my fleet didn't survive a basement flood, and I've finally worked up the courage to start flying again!

As of right now I don't think there is a store at Edgewater yet. Maybe someone else can make a comment or too on this. In the videos that I have seen there is no talk about a store. Maybe later this year.

flitetest

Administrator
Admin

Hey guys!
So, I am happy to announce that we recently got our point of sale software up and running to be able to soon provide a small café hobby shop downstairs in our community area! This will be kind of like a "Get Started Pack" style setup! ha Everything someone would need to get up in the air flying will be housed there. We will continue to update you on that progress, but that will be coming sooner rather than later in the interim while we work on getting an actual hobby shop built on the grounds! ;)

Blessings yall!
FT Team

frank

Love the in
Hey guys!
So, I am happy to announce that we recently got our point of sale software up and running to be able to soon provide a small café hobby shop downstairs in our community area! This will be kind of like a "Get Started Pack" style setup! ha Everything someone would need to get up in the air flying will be housed there. We will continue to update you on that progress, but that will be coming sooner rather than later in the interim while we work on getting an actual hobby shop built on the grounds! ;)

Blessings yall!
FT Team
Love the improvement.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I saw the following on the calendar for the airpark. I thought I would copy and paste it here for more eyes to see. :) I am hoping to go myself.

Edgewater 2021 Fun-Fly and Swap Meet
POSTED ON APRIL 22, 2021 BY JOSH BIXLER

Calendar
Add to Calendar
WHEN:
April 30, 2021 @ 5:00 pm – May 2, 2021 @ 12:00 pm

This year we will be kicking off the Flying season here at Edgewater with a Fun-Fly and a Swap Meet. We have tons of goodies leftover from our move to the new manufacturing Building and its time for some Spring Cleaning! The Flite Test store along with a ton of heavily discounted products will be housed in the Pilot institute hangar for everyone to come check out. This event is also open to vendors and flyers who wish to sell their RC goods new and used as well. If you would like to sell, the cost for vendors is $75 and the cost for private sellers is $25. We will have the Flite Test Tent up but space is limited. Bring your own tables and tents if you can for shade and shelter. Check in will be at the Pilot Institute Hangar
We want to see the sky filled with foam so both flying areas will be open for flying. There will be no pilot or spectator fees, but donations are greatly appreciated to help us continue to grow. Camping is also available at $15 for one night or $25 for the whole event. The restaurant will also be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
This will be the the launch of Edgewater Airparks Flying season so please keep an eye on the calendar for more events to come. If the weather forecast looks bad, we will announce changes on our Edgewater calendar, which can be found here.
Can’t wait to kick off the year with you!
Blessing,
Josh B

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Hi Everyone,

I saw the following on the calendar for the airpark. I thought I would copy and paste it here for more eyes to see. :) I am hoping to go myself.

Edgewater 2021 Fun-Fly and Swap Meet
POSTED ON APRIL 22, 2021 BY JOSH BIXLER

Calendar
Add to Calendar
WHEN:
April 30, 2021 @ 5:00 pm – May 2, 2021 @ 12:00 pm

This year we will be kicking off the Flying season here at Edgewater with a Fun-Fly and a Swap Meet. We have tons of goodies leftover from our move to the new manufacturing Building and its time for some Spring Cleaning! The Flite Test store along with a ton of heavily discounted products will be housed in the Pilot institute hangar for everyone to come check out. This event is also open to vendors and flyers who wish to sell their RC goods new and used as well. If you would like to sell, the cost for vendors is $75 and the cost for private sellers is $25. We will have the Flite Test Tent up but space is limited. Bring your own tables and tents if you can for shade and shelter. Check in will be at the Pilot Institute Hangar
We want to see the sky filled with foam so both flying areas will be open for flying. There will be no pilot or spectator fees, but donations are greatly appreciated to help us continue to grow. Camping is also available at $15 for one night or $25 for the whole event. The restaurant will also be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
This will be the the launch of Edgewater Airparks Flying season so please keep an eye on the calendar for more events to come. If the weather forecast looks bad, we will announce changes on our Edgewater calendar, which can be found here.
Can’t wait to kick off the year with you!
Blessing,
Josh B
do you know if it could be ordered online, as I cannot really get to there, from all the way in nj

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

Stopped at the airpark last night ( Friday ). The rain stopped, the sun came out and the wind picked up. If it wasn't so windy it would have been a good night for flying. Saturday is going to be a good day. The sun is already up and it's starting to get warm.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I think there is going to be another event happening at the airpark at the end of the month. I don't have any details. Maybe Stefan will make a comment about this upcoming event. I don't see anything on the calendar yet. I do know that Thursday and Friday nights will now be open for flying.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I saw this on the airpark calendar today. It looks like it could be a fun time. :cool:

Wings over Edgewater @ Edgewater Airpark

May 28 @ 3:00 pm – May 31 @ 3:00 pm
This Memorial day weekend we will be having our first FTCA Wings over Edgewater Event! Wings over Edgewater will be a warbird Themed Fun-Fly with fun flying activities like combat, air raid challenges, and huge warbird group flights. Even though this is a warbird themed event, all electric aircraft are welcome and will be able to fly at one of our 2 flying areas at all times so please bring all your planes. Subscribe to our email for additional details and the schedule for this event. We will also have our store open along with other vendors for all your flight needs. Check in for pilots and campers will be at two locations close to each flying area, the Pilot Institute Hangar and the Restaurant. We will also be celebrating the launch of 3 new Flite Test planes that will be available at the event before the hit the store. These 3 new designs are the ME-262, the Master series A-10 Warthog, and the Mighty Mini HellCat. COST: This event is open to spectators for free and pilot admission for 13 and up is $10 per day or $25 for the whole event. Pilot registration for Veterans, Active military, and pilots under 13 is FREE!!!! CAMPING: Primitive Camping will be open for $15 per night. Our restaurant will also be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Please bring your pop up tents and chairs to make sure you have a nice place to relax and take in the festivities. No AMA is required for this event but we do ask that all participants (spectators and pilots) sign our Waiver Form. We want this to be an event that is fun for the whole Family and also honors those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our God Given Freedoms in this Great Nation. Look for more updates soon!

bwarz

Master member
had plans to head down ftom Erie tomorrow but the weather doesn't look so good so the kids and I are looking forward to a day of RC on Friday. Can't wait to see what's new and say hi to whomever might be around!

bwarz

Master member
Bahh it looks like central Ohio weather is just like here - changes on a dime! It looks like a nice day in Minerva today and now questionable for tomorrow. Well, we gave up on today to go but tomorrow it is rain or shine - if it rains, we drive the RC cars (or fly in the rain!). Rats!

alan0043

Bahh it looks like central Ohio weather is just like here - changes on a dime! It looks like a nice day in Minerva today and now questionable for tomorrow. Well, we gave up on today to go but tomorrow it is rain or shine - if it rains, we drive the RC cars (or fly in the rain!). Rats!

Hi bwarz,

It's nice to hear that you like coming to Edgewater. I live in Canton myself. The weather does have a chance of rain today. It is already humid here in Canton. I will be going to the field myself tonight. I hope to get a maiden flight in on my cub. Josh has been a big help to me learning how to fly. I am a newbe at this hobby. There is always a nice group of guys that like to fly on Thursday nights. Be safe on the roads coming over.

bwarz

Master member
Hi bwarz,

It's nice to hear that you like coming to Edgewater. I live in Canton myself. The weather does have a chance of rain today. It is already humid here in Canton. I will be going to the field myself tonight. I hope to get a maiden flight in on my cub. Josh has been a big help to me learning how to fly. I am a newbe at this hobby. There is always a nice group of guys that like to fly on Thursday nights. Be safe on the roads coming over.
I do enjoy Thursdays - learned so much in our few trips last year. And I really enjoy the company there as well - even climbed a tree or two to retrieve someone's 'landing gone awry :ROFLMAO: Always a nice drive, even at 2:40 drive time - especially the last 30 minutes or so on the rural roads.

Have a great time tonight and enjoy the weather if it treats you well! Take a drive over tomorrow if you get a chance and say "hi" - we'll be there from morning 'til dark!