Edgewater Airpark and RC Park

bwarz

Master member
arrived at Edgewater with 21 airplanes and 5 cars for 4 people! gotta love a van for hauling planes :ROFLMAO:
20210611_110325.jpg

bwarz

Master member
Looks like it’s going to be a fun day!
Hi bwarz,

I'm curious to know. Who did the family enjoy the day at Edgewater ? Inquiring minds need to know. :D

had a great day! the wind was a bit erratic and gusty through mid-afternoon so my younger boys ended up playing in the river with homemade boats and driving on the crawler course. My older son and I braved it a few times for some shorter flights without major incident, or at least nothing that couldn't be fixed with just the hot glue gun.

We also took the opportunity to stop up to saw hi to the FT crew and they were all very welcoming (as always).

As evening approached the winds became a bit more accommodating and we all got to take to the air. Some buddy-boxing with the little ones (while they're not so little anyone, they'll always be referred to as such!) My youngest flew his mini scout, the timber, and had some buddy time with Josh on a full size scout. My second spent many batteries on the timber. The third flew his mini Texan, the mini Zero, his X-vert, and many a battery through is Bushwhacker. My list of planes is long, but the notables are maidens on the FW190 and Hellcat by @Niez13 along with my BF109 and my builds for my little ones of the 125% Corsair and the Staggerwing. The Corsair proved too fast for conditions and obstacles for he and my buddy skills and the Staggerwing was a handful to say the least, so they'll both await the open field at home (and maybe FT Auras) before we buddy...

In all a nice relaxing day spent outside all day for the four of us, wrapped up with everyone hanging out with flying friends and family around a campfire.

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

Curious to know how did Build Day go on this past Saturday ( June 26th ) ? I hope all of the kids had a good time.

Al

alan0043

Hi Everyone,
I am across this video of the crazy plane build day from this past Saturday ( 06/26 ). I hope you enjoy. :D

bwarz

Master member

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
Sept. 4th-6th "Wings at Work" flying event at Edgewater

During the FTCA sanctioned event,“Wings at Work”, at Edgewater Airpark over Labor Day weekend, we will be livestreaming a community build at 5:00 PM of the combat favorite, FT Bloody Baron. We will be invading the HQ and other locations on the grounds as needed to facilitate this project. Our goal is to provide a moment that can become a memory, on the bench and in the air.

This build will also provide a perfect opportunity for those of you that want to bring a friend or family member into the hobby, by introducing them to the experience of building their own aircraft. Or, you might be one that wants to expand your arsenal of combat-ready planes for the next combat you might engage in. Whatever reason you choose to use for joining us in the build will be acceptable, and will be celebrated.
Another purpose of having this build is to display to the FAA the kind of community and aircraft that they are trying to place regulations on. There seems to be a very large disconnect between all parties that are involved in the future of our hobby, and activities like this will help to display the true heart behind what we believe is important to the hobby. Take this opportunity to participate in our continued effort to protect what we have enjoyed for so long.

Along with the social and advocacy benefits of this build there are financial benefits as well. We are creating the FT Bloody Baron value bundle. The airframe and powerpack needed to get this beauty in the sky is going to begin at $89.99 (normally $99.99). But what’s even better is that for those of you who are FTCA Members there will be an additional discount; FTCA Ground Crew $79.99, and FTCA Aircrew $74.99. If you’re not a member, now’s a great chance to become one. If you don’t have this plane in your hanger, now’s your chance!

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday ( Saturday 04/02 ) was a great day at the airpark. The FTCA community came together at the airpark for a day of work, friendship and flying. We started in the mid morning cleaning up the park. The weather was perfect for this kind of work. Not to hot or no cold. As the day went on, the day kept getting better. We had a break at lunch time for pizza and friendship. After lunch was finished we went back to work to finish up a few things. Late afternoon we were all done and now it's time to go flying. The sun was still out, the temperatures in the low 50"s with light wind. :) For some of the community that stuck around we had hotdogs and some more friendship. We also got treated to the making of a video that is part of the B 17 story. The time I left the airpark it was dark.

It would be great to hear some more comments from the folks that were at the park on Saturday.

Taildragger

Legendary member
Hi Everyone,

Yesterday ( Saturday 04/02 ) was a great day at the airpark. The FTCA community came together at the airpark for a day of work, friendship and flying. We started in the mid morning cleaning up the park. The weather was perfect for this kind of work. Not to hot or no cold. As the day went on, the day kept getting better. We had a break at lunch time for pizza and friendship. After lunch was finished we went back to work to finish up a few things. Late afternoon we were all done and now it's time to go flying. The sun was still out, the temperatures in the low 50"s with light wind. :) For some of the community that stuck around we had hotdogs and some more friendship. We also got treated to the making of a video that is part of the B 17 story. The time I left the airpark it was dark.

It would be great to hear some more comments from the folks that were at the park on Saturday.
Sounds like a blast!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Looking forward to hitting Edgewater Park the Sunday before Flite Fest. Maybe Saturday too. I sort of had forgotten that the facility was so wide open with respect to availability. I might even have a plane ready. 😎

Last edited:

alan0043

Looking forward to hitting Edgewater Park the Sunday before Flite Fest. Maybe Saturday too. I sort of had forgotten that the facility was so wide open with respect to availability. I might even have a plane ready. 😎

Hey SlingShot,

There are tress to the north of Ready Board runway. And at times those trees get hungry for a plane or too ! :eek: Don't ask me how I know this. I hope you have a safe trip to Flite Fest. :cool: