EDGEWATER INCOMPLETE

skymaster

Elite member
How many of you have seen the new video of the edgewater tour. i think it's a great place but josh did not say anything about adding a store, sure they do have a workplace to work on your build but what about if you are missing a part he did not say anything about a store or parts on site. so if you forget to take a battery or replacement part you are 432$#2$44!@ sorry . your whole trip has been gone to bits. any one now if they are planning on adding a store on site?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
How many of you have seen the new video of the edgewater tour. i think it's a great place but josh did not say anything about adding a store, sure they do have a workplace to work on your build but what about if you are missing a part he did not say anything about a store or parts on site. so if you forget to take a battery or replacement part you are 432$#2$44!@ sorry . your whole trip has been gone to bits. any one now if they are planning on adding a store on site?
Good point, he did not mention a store in the video... but they do have a fire pit for roasting weenies and s'mores, and fellowship. All in good fun but he also did say that they are using raised fund money and sponsors to get this thing goin so I am sure that this video was just an update and not a full scale grand opening extravaganza kinda operation. YET! I am sure, just like any other small dollar, huge endeavour type of production there will be additions to the facilities to make a more complete experience all in one stop never have to leave dream scape flight land. Till then make sure you are prepared, have a plan B in case of life's little incidences, support the cause by ordering stuff from their online store and keep going back to see the improvements as they happen over time. LOVE THE HOBBY

Thx for reading

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
There is a store in the plans. If I remember correctly it will be a second building so it has the room for keeping stock on site and easy access.

skymaster

Elite member
are they going to build it if they do. wouldn't it be great if the community could design it. how would you do it.?

JennyC6

Elite member
I just hope they carry consumables for wet fuel planes. Josh has said several times...including right to my face when I was at edgewater for fpvfest 2019...that they are gonna have a spot in the back of the course for wet fuel craft and it would only make sense for the onsite store to sell glow fuel, glow plugs, spark plugs, 2stroke oil for gasoline burners, et al. Maybe even small jugs of kerosene for turbines.

If they are going to give us ICE pilots a dedicated home on the course it would only benefit everyone if they also sold the consumables we will be using up there. Might also be beneficial to sell things like fuel tanks, tubing, engines, pit gear, reciever batteries, etc etc as well as the base consumables.

MorningViewFPV

like battleaxe said = never have to leave dream scape flight land ...i can't wait to get up here, hopefully before the end of this summer.
The build spot right in the building seems so awesome, everything about this plan seems awesome. Is camping available now? i'm on my way.

JennyC6

Elite member
maybe if we give them a little input on the things we would love for them to carry. this would make the store a great store not just electric. I know this is a plane park. but it would not hurt to have a dirt race track for rc cars.
If you werent looking skyward at FPVfest you'd almost forget you were at a flight related meetup. Guys had all manner of cars there, myself included. OFC I repped nitro with a sc10gt, Mad Crusher GP and Slayer Pro(I actually beat a Granite 3S in the tall grass with this thing!), but there were scalers/crawlers(I brought my CA-10 and someone else had a Yeti that I know of), plenty of electric SCTs and MTs, even a 1/5 gasser. And lord knows they have plenty of room for surface features at Edgewater. Planes cant fly off sand bunkers and muddy hills, after all.

skymaster

Elite member
If you werent looking skyward at FPVfest you'd almost forget you were at a flight related meetup. Guys had all manner of cars there, myself included. OFC I repped nitro with a sc10gt, Mad Crusher GP and Slayer Pro(I actually beat a Granite 3S in the tall grass with this thing!), but there were scalers/crawlers(I brought my CA-10 and someone else had a Yeti that I know of), plenty of electric SCTs and MTs, even a 1/5 gasser. And lord knows they have plenty of room for surface features at Edgewater. Planes cant fly off sand bunkers and muddy hills, after all.
This is nice to know since i have a tmax 2.5 and a rustler VXL i also have a redcat tornado but im getting rid of it. maybe ill put some wings on the rustler.

JennyC6

Elite member
This is nice to know since i have a tmax 2.5 and a rustler VXL i also have a redcat tornado but im getting rid of it. maybe ill put some wings on the rustler.
I saw some guys running a Slash in one of the sand bunkers, but at that point all my surface rigs were dead for one reason or another(SC10 and Slayer both had a total failure of the one-way bearing in their starters, CA-10 had a bad drive axle, MCGP's low-end is so far off in the rhubarb that it's undriveable at anything but WFO) so I couldn't go and join. Would have loved to; the slayer's got a Dynamite 19T 5-port and FPV in it. And it's running on Proline 1.9 Swampers. It would have eaten that sand trap alive!

Kinda ties into how I beat a 3s Granite in a drag race through 3" tall grass. His batteries were nearly flat(In fact he hit LVC on the 4th run) and my crawler tires, being so narrow, just sorta slid between the grass blades whereas his MT tires flattened a ton of them down. No doubt he would have destroyed me on a full pack or on pavement, but hey. Was fun as hell!

If you're at FPVFest 2020, bring the surface fleet too. You won't have to work too hard to find me, just listen for the shrill wails I won't be too far away. Though if you see a lidless Slayer zipping around with nobody standing nearby I'm probably on Raceband 6 in the shade somewhere hahaha

MorningViewFPV

A lit up or covered rc track would be super fun and would bring folks from other parts of the hobby to visit. Could also bring in sponsorship for FT. I would mosdef incorporate "drive" into edgewater if possible.

Captain Video

Right On!
I love to fly but being able to race RC cars (i will probably suck at it) would be really cool I remember as a youth racing my siblings on Eldon slot car track and it was FUN. Perhaps an off road track would be awesome too!

JennyC6

Elite member
Right On!
I love to fly but being able to race RC cars (i will probably suck at it) would be really cool I remember as a youth racing my siblings on Eldon slot car track and it was FUN. Perhaps an off road track would be awesome too!
That, and being able to just screw around with them. Most of what I did at Edgewater was precisely that. I ran my Slayer up and down Read-i-Board Runway countless times, zipped through that little field, did some drifting donuts around some trees, yeeted it off a hill or two. The drag race was fun but barely a fraction of what I actually did with it. And next year I'll have it good and skookum, I'll run it FPV, itt'l be boss.

JennyC6

Elite member
i have a slayer pro...what a truck.
Might I suggest just letting the engine sing the song next vid? Hehe. You're not actually driving yours from FPV though, are you? I'm controlling mine through the video link, got a 1000tvl cam on the inside of the roll hoop. It's something else. Absolutely love it! Also gave mine reverse and from-the-radio engine starting, two really REALLY critical features for driving a nitro SCT from FPV.

I need to find a dirt lot like that one to run on, get some good drifts going through FPV.

MorningViewFPV

rofl thats the greatest Slayer song of all time. I would need head tracking to really get into rc car fpv. This is a great spot to fly and do rc cars but they find/dump bodies down here all the time so only safe in the early morning.

JennyC6

Elite member
I dont have any headtracking on mine. Would be nice to have for sure, but I dont find it all that necessary. Would like rearview mirrors, engine temp, and fuel level visible in the feed tho.

Think I will trial something I plan on doing to my fpv nitro planes with the Slayer. I think if I shine a powerful LED through the fuel tank focused in on a photodiode on the opposite side I can trigger a bingo fuel LED visible by the camera, thus telling me when I need to RTB for fuel. Set it at about a quarter tank or so.