Edgewater is awesome!

JennyC6

Elite member
If you can, get out here. I've been here for FPVFest and so far I've had a blast. Met Josh Bixler himself, flew nitro, drove nitro, put a nitro plane in a tree then had one of Josh's kids shake it out so I could fix it this morning. And still plenty of time left in fpvfest!

Gonna go make some more nitro noises over the 7th hole soon. That fairway is utter perfection for big glow birds like mine. Have flown them at the RMRC runway but its a bit cramped for them.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Would be tough for me in the near future to actually go there. It looks awesome, and would beat flying solo in a gritty dirt lot. what I'm hoping for is maybe somebody takes the V Sliver or another one of my designs there, maybe to next flight fest. It would be cool just to have my design flown there, and even better if there was video footage to watch it flying over that awesome flying field.

JennyC6

Elite member
I remaidened an Aerostar 40 that had sat dormant for god only knows how long during the rmrc gaggle. Was a blast! And while I couldnt hear the 40FP over the loudspeakers on that flightline, the groups camped up closer to the country club were all 'Is that nitro?!'

And nobody has said ill about my noisemakers, surface or air. Every comment is either curious or positive. Or both.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I remaidened an Aerostar 40 that had sat dormant for god only knows how long during the rmrc gaggle. Was a blast! And while I couldnt hear the 40FP over the loudspeakers on that flightline, the groups camped up closer to the country club were all 'Is that nitro?!'

And nobody has said ill about my noisemakers, surface or air. Every comment is either curious or positive. Or both.
Don't see why anyone would have a problem, it sounds like the perfect place to bust them out. Extra noise wouldn't bother me, and youve got the space to fly bigger planes. What I'd be most concerned about is those really big, fast nitro helis with the blades that can be gruesomely lethal. That's not something anyone should be flying too close to other people.

JennyC6

Elite member
Don't see why anyone would have a problem, it sounds like the perfect place to bust them out. Extra noise wouldn't bother me, and youve got the space to fly bigger planes. What I'd be most concerned about is those really big, fast nitro helis with the blades that can be gruesomely lethal. That's not something anyone should be flying too close to other people.

You never know, but I'm quite happy that nobody complained about it. When I remaidened my Aerostar 40 in the 2pm gaggle yesterday peeps were asking if it was a nitro, and the announce guy from rmrc commented that it fired up like brand new. Even gave me takeoff clearance haha.

It was great. I hadnt even planned on flying that bird at all, but issues with my cars coupled with how I run air radios in them meant I just yoinked an Rx from a car, did an engine test run(ID'd a bad glow plug here, eng idled fine without glow on start, throttled great, died on returning to idle, and I got that changed in time!), got the Aerostar's servo linkages and programming sorted, and decided it was gonna fly that day. And I just happened to get these preperations done in time for the gaggle.

It flew nice too. And it may even be in the video the AMA shot of that gaggle!

JennyC6

Elite member
IMG_20190802_181418.jpg

IMG_20190803_094753.jpg

IMG_20190803_094751.jpg

NexSTAR meets pine tree. Fixed it with superglue, a foam insert from a crawler tire, and the cardboard cover of a course map for Edgewater. Flew like it never met the tree!

IMG_20190803_151522.jpg

And my pit area. Red plane at bottom flew in the saturday gaggle!

JennyC6

Elite member
unknown.png

Red circle is around the runway...fairway...I flew off of. Red X is approximately where my NexSTAR ended up. As an aside, it's a bit surreal to see a strip I flew off of and a tree I crashed into on a Flite Test video!

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I hope Mother Nature is planning to have a good day today. I understand that there are scattered thunderstorms in the forecast for the afternoon. I am planning a road trip to Edgewater to learn how to fly.

Al

alan0043

Hi Everybody,

A little update on Thursday night for me. The weather turned out great. The wind dropped down and the skies stayed clear. There was one big problem. If you forget your radio, you are not going to fly. Stilling waiting to learn how to fly. Maybe next week I'll have all of my equipment with me. lol. I stuck around and watched two other fellows learn how to fly.

Al

JennyC6

Elite member
Hi Everybody,

A little update on Thursday night for me. The weather turned out great. The wind dropped down and the skies stayed clear. There was one big problem. If you forget your radio, you are not going to fly. Stilling waiting to learn how to fly. Maybe next week I'll have all of my equipment with me. lol. I stuck around and watched two other fellows learn how to fly.

Al
Shoulda gone into the country club resteraunt and flew on the sim in there.

alan0043

Shoulda gone into the country club resteraunt and flew on the sim in there.

Thanks for the idea. I didn't know they had a sim. That was my first attempt with my plane to learn how to fly. Maybe next time it will go better.;) . Nice thing is that I met some nice guys and had some good conversion.

Al

Last edited: