Edgewater?

epiper93

Anyone know if you can go to Edgewater and buy speed build kits? I live legitimately 15 minutes from there and find it frustrating that I have to wait 5 days to get a kit when I live a Mavic’s Flight away from where they cut them.

epiper93

Work til 5 dark at 5:30 currently in Ohio. Takes me about 15 minutes to get home. So to answer your question. I guess I don’t have the time

epiper93

I guess I just assumed from seeing the videos that having the laser burner there, that’s where they cut the kits

FDS

Elite member
Its open at weekends.
The laser there is for development and projects. The team themselves haven’t cut kits for several years, it got too big to do outside a factory.

alan0043

Anyone know if you can go to Edgewater and buy speed build kits? I live legitimately 15 minutes from there and find it frustrating that I have to wait 5 days to get a kit when I live a Mavic’s Flight away from where they cut them.

I can understand what you are talking about. I can remember when you could get a kit in two days. It won't be long before you will be flying at Edgewater in the evening. I live about 30 to 35 minutes away myself. Josh has been a big help to this 70 year old rookie.

Al

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I stopped down to Edgewater yesterday Thursday (03/05) to fly. What a beauty evening. The temperature was right and the wind was low. This was the first time trying to fly this year. I said try to fly. lol. I was having a bad day with the plane. I could not get the plane to take off from the ground. I had a servo backwards some how. lol. I got that figured out and then I have no motor to work. More work for this rookie to figure out. The coolest thing of the evening was I got a chance to fly Josh's newest design with the EZ pack. What a fun time ! I have a grandson ( freshman in HS) who wants to learn how to fly. This is how I am going to get him to start is with an EZ Pack. I can say I very lucky person to be a test pilot. What a fun night. I forgot all about my problems with my plane. Josh gave me a few ideas about things to check out on my plane.

Al

MorningViewFPV

Hi Everyone,

I stopped down to Edgewater yesterday Thursday (03/05) to fly. What a beauty evening. The temperature was right and the wind was low. This was the first time trying to fly this year. I said try to fly. lol. I was having a bad day with the plane. I could not get the plane to take off from the ground. I had a servo backwards some how. lol. I got that figured out and then I have no motor to work. More work for this rookie to figure out. The coolest thing of the evening was I got a chance to fly Josh's newest design with the EZ pack. What a fun time ! I have a grandson ( freshman in HS) who wants to learn how to fly. This is how I am going to get him to start is with an EZ Pack. I can say I very lucky person to be a test pilot. What a fun night. I forgot all about my problems with my plane. Josh gave me a few ideas about things to check out on my plane.

Al
wow cool, cause when you try hard, that is when you fly hard.

alan0043

Did you by any chance find out if the on site store is open yet?

Cheers!
LitterBug

Hi LitterBug,

I have not seen no store there yet. From what I can remember about the plan or plans for Edgewater there was going to be a separate building for the store. I think when the store happens, Josh will make a big announcement.

Al

IcedStorm777

So how does edgewater work? Do you just come with your planes, sign a waiver, and than show them your AMA card and than you can fly? Is it like flitefest in the way that you can pretty much find and talk to any of the ft crew? Thanks!

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Haven't been in a Hobby Town in a while. Stopped by the local one at lunch and they had stock of about 8 different FT models. Should have grabbed a pic.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
You guys are lucky to live so close!! I over 30 hours away... I was able to go the day before flitefest and it was an amazing place!

flyfree

Anyone know if they've built the planned campground yet? I'd live to drive up and camp there sometime this summer. I live ~3.5 hours away, but have family in Minerva.

alan0043

So how does edgewater work? Do you just come with your planes, sign a waiver, and than show them your AMA card and than you can fly? Is it like flitefest in the way that you can pretty much find and talk to any of the ft crew? Thanks!

Hi Iced,

This past late summer and fall there were two nights that were posted on the Edgewater calendar. Thursday night was for anyone interested in learning to fly should be at the field. That would be the night that I would go. Josh got me up in the air and flying. There was also a good group of guys flying and also willing to help you. One of the guys was a mentor to me. Ron was a big help to me. On Friday nights was family night. The cool thing about Edgewater is, you could play golf earlier in the day, then in the evening when the wind calms down, start flying. So far, I don't see anything on the calendar. The other day when I was there, Josh was excited about the up coming flying season.

Al

Last edited:

alan0043

Hi Everyone,

I was curious to know if anyone stopped at Edgewater this past Saturday (03/14) ? I thought I heard there was going to be a group from Pa. shooting rockets.

Al