Educated Guess on Quality of batteries?

Dougieee

I have a 3s 2200mah 30a discharge lipo and a 2s 1750mah 25a lipo for my quad and 2 planes. These are the only two batteries I've ever had, as I'm not that deeply involved in the RC hobby. I haven't used them in a year because I don't have a liscence yet and biking to the nearest field with an FT 3D strapped to my back would be highly unwieldy. The voltages are all balanced across cells, sitting at around 3.87v for each battery. Neither shows any signs of ballooning, but of course it never hurts to be safe. Would it be dumb to run these batteries after them sitting for so long?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
3.87V is an ideal storage charge. Based on that info you should be fine. I've had batteries much older do just fine. I don't know what charger you have but many will not even charge a battery that is out of a safe range in terms of charge level and internal resistance. What charger do you have?

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
I don't think it would be dumb to use them. I have LiPo batteries 3 and 4 years old that I use with no problems. Worst case, you might see increased voltage sag toward the end of the pack.

Last edited:

Andrew

G'day Mate
I don't think it would be dumb to use them. I have LiPo batteries 3 and 4 years old that I use with no problems. Worse case, you might see increased voltage sag toward the end of the pack.
I also agree with TazRC.

I have a few Nano-techs that are about 5years old and still work well.

RCMAN

I think my oldest is 6 years old lipo. It doesnt hold a charge long but its good for a short run and testing stuff out. Probably should get rid of it as its bulging a bit.