Educational shows.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I want more educational shows. Recently Chad asked which shows are you most likely to share with other people. Other than the obvious answer of "All of them!" I thought about it, and the ones that I can use to help explain how something works, are the ones I use/share most.

For example the guys have done shows about...

Expos and Dual Rates (By far my favorite of these shows)
Choosing a Propeller
Using a Watt Meter
Soldering Battery Connectors
Balancing a Plane
Parallel and Series
Cowling Instal
Differential
Control Horns
Hand Launching
Gyros on a Plane

There's lots of other topics that beginners struggle with, and many of them are better shown than written about.

What help topics would you like to see the Joshes help you explain?

Suggestions:

Aerobatics explained. colorex
Battery Storage. stuntrobot
Chosing a Plane Based On Flying Style. ananas1301
Lipo Carging Safety. jetpackninja
Motor Maintenance/Repair. lobstermash
Scratch Building Tips. elemental
Trimming an Aircraft. nibnobsam
Waterproofing Electronics/CorrosionX. FlyingMonkey

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
You could do one explaining different kinds of maneuvers, such as coordinated turning (I still dont get which way the sticks go)
rolls, loops, how to take off correctly from runway, how to land right etc.

Kind of like a flite school :)

stuntrobot

love your shows. look forward to each episode. could you in an future episode talk about battery storage? keep it charged or discharged for different types of batteries. thanks.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Yeah I like that idea of giving tips for scratchbuilding!

The good thing is that that would save money! How often did you do something wrong and therefore had to back to the local store or reorder something? And afterwards you realise what stupid mistakes you did, that did cost you money.

Educational episodes which still are fun to watch would be really nice.
But I think it doesn´t have to really simple stuff like you to cut depron or so. I think that there also should be some stuff for more advanced pilots, so every RC pilot has some use out of them. :)

Example for shows:
- Simple turns (for beginners struggling with it)
- choosing the right plane for what you want (which ones are good for 3D, trainers etc.)
- How to fly 3D (obviously for the more advanced pilots, that want to get into 3D)
- Different types of battery, esc´s, motors, so all that electronic stuff.
- Instead of having awefully long text written on the webpage about Lipo Batteries, just make a show with all the important stuff with what the C rating is and all that stuff, because many people won´t read a text about lipos but they would watch a show explaining everything real simple.

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
Lipo Charging and charging safety - setting up a home and a mobile charging station

Building a cheap power supply from an old ATX computer supply

Use of some of the cheap chargers and a walkthrough on use of some of the four button chargers

Parallel and other multiple battery charging methods

nibnobsam

I like big leccy planes
Mentor
Maybe tips on trimming? And I mean more than just a few beeps of the transmitter, but CG, side thrust, down thrust, etc.

earthsciteach

I'd like to see an episode on building a bullet proof FPV/UAV from off-the-shelf parts, flyable by anyone with a minimum of training! :D

Fred, I think that thing needs a custom-built airframe to house all of the pricey electronics in the event of an "emergency water landing." I'd love to build that airframe!

Jeffrey Saelee

Airplane Dope
I'd like to see an episode on building a bullet proof FPV/UAV from off-the-shelf parts, flyable by anyone with a minimum of training! :D

Fred, I think that thing needs a custom-built airframe to house all of the pricey electronics in the event of an "emergency water landing." I'd love to build that airframe!
Answer: Build foam boxes to house all of your electronics with hot glue or something to waterproof the wire in/outs. Motor likely won't need one, and would not be able to have one.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin

I think corrosionX might do the trick there... maybe the guys could do a show about how to use that!