Electric motors, hmmm...

luke1350a

As i said in previous threads, I have the FT `might mini trainer, my question is, what motor do i buy for it as i broke the old one it came with, i also would like to buy two(one cw, one ccw) so i can re use them on the mighty mini Guinea.

davidkdk

Best place to check is in the Flite Test Store. Looking up the Mighty Mini Tiny Trainer, it uses the Flite Test Power Pack A. Looking at that, it uses the Motor - EMax - MT1806 . Looks like the Mighty Mini Guinea uses the same motors.

The Mighty Mini Guinea uses the Flite Test Power Pack A (Twin Engines) which comes with 4 props - 2 cw, 2 ccw.

luke1350a

i saw that, the issue is that the emax motor by itself on their website is cw, and the motor they have under parts is a ft motor, i wanted the same motor, just different threading.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
do a google for 1806-2300kv motors and you will get a ton. if you can solder you can easily find them CHEAP. i use those all the time and have been happy with them. only issue is the offset is diff (12mm) than the FT firewall (16mm and 19mm) so you need to drill some holes, make your own firewall from balsa, or 3D print some. if you don't have access, let me know i will print you some. i already have the design made.

or....you could buy THESE and have more power, won't have to deal with the firewall issues, and have a spare set of motors. with 5x4x3 props you can still run on 12A esc. just route outside the wing in direct airflow. or you can buy individual motors for the same price as the 1806's. CW motor , CCW motor.

my Mini-G... LINK

you can see in the last pic how i routed them. with this setup it will go vertical as long as i want w/ a 3S-1300.

happy shopping.

me :cool:

Last edited:

Chappie66

i saw that, the issue is that the emax motor by itself on their website is cw, and the motor they have under parts is a ft motor, i wanted the same motor, just different threading.
I would not worry about the thread (CW vs CCW). I have yet to see a prop come loose on my Guinea running 2 CCW motors. Just be sure to check prop nut before each flight...good habit to get into either wise. My 2 cents worth :)

luke1350a

do a google for 1806-2300kv motors and you will get a ton. if you can solder you can easily find them CHEAP. i use those all the time and have been happy with them. only issue is the offset is diff (12mm) than the FT firewall (16mm and 19mm) so you need to drill some holes, make your own firewall from balsa, or 3D print some. if you don't have access, let me know i will print you some. i already have the design made.

or....you could buy THESE and have more power, won't have to deal with the firewall issues, and have a spare set of motors. with 5x4x3 props you can still run on 12A esc. just route outside the wing in direct airflow. or you can buy individual motors for the same price as the 1806's. CW motor , CCW motor.

my Mini-G... LINK

you can see in the last pic how i routed them. with this setup it will go vertical as long as i want w/ a 3S-1300.

happy shopping.

me :cool:
Hey i have access to a 3d printer, can you please send me the design? THANKS

Angoraith

I hope this is the post post to bump for my answer as new here. Just got this plane with the Twin A powerpack and ready to start went throught he video once and started with the power pods however there are no "X" parts with the motors and they do not align with the firewall holes so I was wondering has any one else found this and the solution or am I doing something wrong?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I hope this is the post post to bump for my answer as new here. Just got this plane with the Twin A powerpack and ready to start went throught he video once and started with the power pods however there are no "X" parts with the motors and they do not align with the firewall holes so I was wondering has any one else found this and the solution or am I doing something wrong?
There should be a set of wider set holes and a set of narrower holes on the firewall.
You might be looking at the wrong ones, so I'd recommend rotating your motor and trying different orientations until 2 of the holes line up. All 4 holes don't need to line up either by the way, just 2 holes that are across from each other need to line up and then you're good.
You shouldn't need the X mounts either, in my experience the power pack motors bolt directly to the corresponding firewalls.

Angoraith

Thanks for the quick reply Yes I was trying to get all 4 holes to align I'll try again with just two now..........yes the wider two line up , I'll use a bit of threadlock.....Thanks again now to start.