electric newb,, electric motor help

FastScatCat

Hello all, I'm new to electric planes, flew nitro for many years just now getting back into the hobby. Love the swappable series and have built the nutt ball and ft flyer. The printable plans and videos mention a 24 gram 7v 1400 kv electric motor. I can find no such animal on hobby king sight. anyone have a part number to that or a motor similar in size? wanting to keep it light and slow, I'm teaching my son to fly with these before we upgrade to the faster models!

FDS

Elite member
2212 size motors are very heavy, especially those bargain basement ones. I would avoid the above linked motor for both Nutball and Flyer, it’s better on bigger planes.
Give me a minute and I will find something on Hobbyking for you. What battery do you want to run it on?
This is the “blue wonder” type motor, great for those small planes. It’s only 24g, they can be hard to find though.
Hobbyking on back order.
Full kit on EBay UK, he might post to the US, our post is not expensive for global.
A version on Amazon

Emax make a similar motor, which you might be able to get too,
This one on Bangood
Amazon (more expensive)

Last edited:

Wildthing

Legendary member
Hello all, I'm new to electric planes, flew nitro for many years just now getting back into the hobby. Love the swappable series and have built the nutt ball and ft flyer. The printable plans and videos mention a 24 gram 7v 1400 kv electric motor. I can find no such animal on hobby king sight. anyone have a part number to that or a motor similar in size? wanting to keep it light and slow, I'm teaching my son to fly with these before we upgrade to the faster models!

I have a few of these and so far been happy with them especially the price with free shipping

https://www.banggood.com/Racerstar-...-1085430.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=USA

One I like a little better and is stronger and very efficient is from HK , I swing a 10X5 APC electric prop with it no problem.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/d2826-10-1400kv-brushless-motor.html

Neither of these are superlights, the Racestar is lighter then the Turnigy

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
None of those will work with slowfly type props on the lighter models. 2400kv on those makes them much more frantic for a new pilot, the 2826 is twice the weight of the blue wonder, it would work on a larger plane like the Tiny Trainer or similar.