ElectroHub - No Power to motors

andison

My ElectroHub Quad (MWC Flip 1.5)has flown successfully but having recently repaired it, I've not been able to fly it. Upgraded to Lemon-RX with Stabilizer. Bound successfully. But, now when hook up battery and turn on TX, cannot activate motors. Lights ok on RX and MWC but no motor activation light, and motors won't spin up. I see not problem with ESC soldering and have run motors individually via servo testing. When I hook ESCs back up to MWC it seems no power gets to the motors. I am looking for suggestions. Maybe someone has overcome a similar problem? Please let me know what you think.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Unless you can turn off that stabilization feature, that rx will give you problems on a multi rotor. It basically won't work right because it is expecting to control Servos to counteract gyro sensed angle changes. I suppose it could work, but I think it would fight with the flight controller.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Andison,

Forgive me if this is too simple . . . Have you armed the board? (throttle minimum, rudder maximum)

The throttle output of the flip board will be held at minimum until it is armed, regardless of the throttle input from your RX.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Dan makes a great point in asking the obvious. On that same level, I know you've flown it in the past with a different rx. Other than this new rx, have you replaced anything else? If it's just the rx,did you check the end points on your tx/rx to ensure you have full 1000-2000 pwm? Also, maybe try connecting servos to the aileron,rider and elevator channels to ensure you don't need to do anything special with a stabilization rx. I know with some as3x spektrum rx's, they won't arm unless it is perfectly still on powering up.

andison

Andison,

Forgive me if this is too simple . . . Have you armed the board? (throttle minimum, rudder maximum)

The throttle output of the flip board will be held at minimum until it is armed, regardless of the throttle input from your RX.

Craftydan: Thanks for your response. Yes, I've armed the board. Still searching. Something in my Sketch must be screwed up or the way I performed the process of flashing the board. Will keep you posted.

andison

ElectroHub: Cannot Arm Despite New Pimped Flip 1.5

Dan makes a great point in asking the obvious. On that same level, I know you've flown it in the past with a different rx. Other than this new rx, have you replaced anything else? If it's just the rx,did you check the end points on your tx/rx to ensure you have full 1000-2000 pwm? Also, maybe try connecting servos to the aileron,rider and elevator channels to ensure you don't need to do anything special with a stabilization rx. I know with some as3x spektrum rx's, they won't arm unless it is perfectly still on powering up.

Makattack: Thanks. Found bad D3 on MWC so changed to simple Lightweight Lemon RX. No stabilizer. Got her back up into the air... and into a Tree - 75 feet up. Tree Service truck got her back down ( after a light rain). So, new board : MWC 1.5 Pimped with Mag (HMC5883L) and Baro(BMP180) ( via witespy, "Pimp Your Flip 1.5") got her back up but without proper sketch (so you were right, I have not set up my board correctly at least not with proper end points (more like 980 - 1820). Re-flashed with the pimp.io config for that board. But, cannot arm the motors. RX, MWC lights come up but not the arm light when I move the throttle/rudder to lower right on my DX6i as craftydan suggested. New hardware, same problem. When I connect battery, the motors click to acknowledge power but do not arm. Cannot get motors to spin up. Would apprecitate any further suggestions.

I think problem is with way I've configured the sketch file. In MultiWiiConfig, I've Calibrated MAG and ACC but in upper right section I have set the following:
AUX 1
Low Med High

ARM
ANGLE x
HORIZON
BARO x
MAG x
HEADFREE
HEADADJ

Modified table: leave ANGLE under AUX1 but put BARO and MAG under AUX2 (Mix switch)
AUX2 - Low
BARO y
MAG y

My guess: The above is a guess on my part. All on AUX1 (the GEAR switch on TX) may be an issue(?) I have not set the ARM value to anything. My understanding is that ANGLE assigns stabilization to the Accelerometer instead of the Gyro. Is that correct?

A better setup might be to assign BARO and MAG on AUX2 (is that the MIX switch on the DX6i ?). To do this I would move the BARO and MAG values under Low under the AUX2 heading in the table above, leaving AUX1 with ANGLE setting only.

Does that sound like a better solution?

Last edited: