Electrohub Problems

Shannon763

i have had the electrohub frame for ages but only at christmas i got the electronics. I got the KK2 board with it and being new to multirotors i had to watch many videos to program it. I still havent figured out the mixing and have ordered a Flip 1.5 multiwii.

I have been running it up with the propellers on attached to somthing to keep it form taking off but once i throttle down 1 or two of the motors make what is like crunching noise. Im not to sure what it is but somtimes i think it is the props and other time i think its the screws in the bottom.

Also how do i tighten the props? i flew it once and lost controll of it (In a paddock) and realised that one of the prop spinners had fallen off (Which i still have not found) so i got some basic nuts to put on it and have tightened them hoping they dont fall off. Do i have to use the spinners or can i just use locktight?

Cheers
Shannon

joshuabardwell

Mentor
I don't put loc-tite on my props, if only because I am changing props so regularly that it would get silly. If I break a prop at the field, I don't want to have to wait ten minutes for loc-tite to dry to get back into the air.

If you are using regular nuts to hold the props on, I would suggest either double-nutting it, or getting a Nyloc locking nut.