Electronic help

HobCoil

Hello, first time plane builder here, I am having trouble hooking up my flysky ia6 to my flite test power pod C esc and motor. I had bound the reciever to my Transmitter and have the esc plugged into the correct channel but there are no beeps when powered on, I tried to calibrate my throttle range, but there was no beep to indicate so, like in the flite test videos on it, I have included some pictures of my setup, any suggestions would help.

Attachments

• 20180523_220707.jpg
    20180523_220707.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180523_220715.jpg
    20180523_220715.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20180523_220800.jpg
    20180523_220800.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0

Namactual

Elite member
Maybe your trim needs to be bottomed out on the throttle. With your transmitter on, hold the trim button in the down position on your throttle until it stops beeping. Make sure your stick is bottomed out, then plug in your battery and see if that gets you anywhere.

If that does not work, reverse your throttle in the transmitter settings and try again.

HobCoil

Maybe your trim needs to be bottomed out on the throttle. With your transmitter on, hold the trim button in the down position on your throttle until it stops beeping. Make sure your stick is bottomed out, then plug in your battery and see if that gets you anywhere.

If that does not work, reverse your throttle in the transmitter settings and try again.
I tried this with no avail, the esc isn't, and hasn't made any noise throughout the whole process, is it possible i blew it some how?

HobCoil

Do you have a servo, do those work?
I just tried one, no it does not, i put it in the elevator channel, and no response, the reciever is lit with a steady blink, it is bound and powered by the BEC from the ESC, so i really don't know what is wrong here

HobCoil

Ok, so I think you are right that i am not bound, but in this video, my radio seems to bind fine with the Rx, but does not display it on the screen
Sorry if the video isnt the best quality

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
From the picture you posted you have the ESC plugged into channel 4. As far I a know there are no channel mappings that have channel set to throttle. Try plugging the esc into channel 1.

HobCoil

I have the same Rx/Tx, mine stays lit. Vid to follow.
Ok, I do use this radio with my quadcopters, so i know it functions fine, this RX was salvaged from a different quad, I think that I'll just order myself a new reciever, would you suggest the same ia6, I have used the ia6b for my quads, which would you recommend?

HobCoil

From the picture you posted you have the ESC plugged into channel 4. As far I a know there are no channel mappings that have channel set to throttle. Try plugging the esc into channel 1.
I have it plugged into channel 3, it might look off from the picture and the labels, but it is in channel 3, which is the throttle channel for this reciever

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is your radio mapped to have channel 3 be throttle or is it mapped to channel one like most other radios?

Edit: also some times if you copy a set up and rebind a receiver things get wonky. start with a fresh setup if you are sure its bound.

Namactual

Elite member
The Rx It might be ok. So do this, Bind your Rx just like you did in the vid, and as it's starts blinking slowly, unplug the bing plug. your motor should beep and you should get a steady light.

Edit: Dang, do you even english bro? Let me translate for possible future searches.
Sorry about that. This is what happens when you work a 16 hour shift and try to post when you get home when you should be sleeping.

The Rx might be ok.
Try this: Bind your Rx just like you did in the vid and as it starts blinking slowly pull the bind plug. Your motor should beep and you should get a steady light.

Last edited: