Electronics Connectors???

Tactical Ex

Is there any downside using adapters between battery and ESC? Or custom build?, example http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=18869

Other than that is another point of failure you have to take into account, I don't think there is much of an issue so long as you are not being electrically irresponsible. Just make sure that whatever adapter you are connecting can handle the power running through it and you will be OK. Same goes for wire gauge.

qxeflyer

Other than that is another point of failure you have to take into account, I don't think there is much of an issue so long as you are not being electrically irresponsible. Just make sure that whatever adapter you are connecting can handle the power running through it and you will be OK. Same goes for wire gauge.

Thanks

Team_Monkey

JST's are supposed to be good for 10A or less.
Don't forget the wire though. There is a big difference between a JST on 16GA wires and on 20 or 22GA NiCd battery leads.

Anything under 1000mAh in my stable runs JSTs,
I run XT-60 on 30C 1000 and others up through 2200mAh
4mm red bullet connectors on 3000mAh and up.

I used to use T connectors, UI just got tired of swapping leads on new packs.

I have a quick question on the connectors from ESC to motor. I am having a hell of a time finding 3.5 or 4mm bullet connectors. For small planes like the 3 pack speed build swappables will a 2mm bullet be enough to handle it.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I have a quick question on the connectors from ESC to motor. I am having a hell of a time finding 3.5 or 4mm bullet connectors. For small planes like the 3 pack speed build swappables will a 2mm bullet be enough to handle it.

Most 2mm connectors are rated for up to 20a. The bigger issue is fitting the wire in there since the gauge of wire used on most 20A esc's will just barely fit in there on a 2mm bullet.

If you're using a 24g motor on the 3 pack planes (which is a great option for those planes) 2mm is fine. 3.5mm is really overkill for those smaller motors since they only pull about 7amps or so.