Help! Electronics Help

AINed

Hi all,

Apologies in advance if this is in the wrong place, I am new here and this is my 1st post.
I am looking to get into the hobby but I am a little unsure on the electronics. I am aiming to build the FT Tiny Trainer then moving up to the simple Cub. I have the plans ready on the Foam board on the Way. In regards to the electronics, I have put together a basket of parts (I need everything) but before I purchase them I wanted to make sure that they would be a good match to the plane and they aren't going to explode or malfunction.

I think I am going to go with a XT60 standard connector for the batteries and I would make up a charging cable to go with the charger and I was going to try and make my own Control horns.

Shopping List:

Plane Electronics
Other:

mecocuk

I was looking exactly like you. After all of my researches, I just can say, If you go with this setup you should build FT Flyer. Also I think you will have more plane chances with cheap chinese motor. These motors really powerful.
Also you can use for pushrods just an old umbrella's wire. It fits perfect :)
In addition to I didnt clearly understand about batteries but you have to go with 3s batteries. In this given link I see 1s(3.7v) batteries.

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with the others, you should go with a 3S battery.
I would suggest a lower Kv motor, something 1200-1400 would work better for you.
I would add a cell checker and linkage stoppers to the list. You will also need some control horns and fire wall, those can be made with local materials.

leaded50

Legendary member
if wanna use "china motor" as such, go down to the 1400kv or even less.. its a far better versatile motor in power.

AINed

Thank you, unfortunately I do live in the UK. but the list you have provided will help out thank you.

So I should aim for a slightly smaller motor. I will probably go with 1400kv and I might need to do more research on the batteries as I am not sure what you mean by 1s/2s/3s (I am guessing this is number of cells) so that I shall do. This has been a big help thank you :)

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure what you mean by 1s/2s/3s (I am guessing this is number of cells)
Yes, a 3S battery has 3 LiPo cells. Each cell has 4.2v when fully charged, so a 3S battery is 12.6v. The Kv rating is the RPM per volt, so a 1000kv motor will spin 12,600 rpm on 3S, in theory anyway.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
@Merv Thanks I will a couple of 650mah 3s for for now I think as they are a bit cheaper than the higher MaH batteries.
650 mah is too small, get one 1300 mah or larger.

Pick the motor first, then we can suggest a battery to run it.

leaded50

Legendary member
2212 2200kv Brushless Motor: 3s- thrust:732g, 342W, w/prop: 6030. 30-35A esc.
2212 1400KV Brushless Motor: 3s- thrust:910g, 210w w/prop: 9050 . 25-30A esc.

AINed

2212 2200kv Brushless Motor: 3s- thrust:732g, 342W, w/prop: 6030. 30-35A esc.
2212 1400KV Brushless Motor: 3s- thrust:910g, 210w w/prop: 9050 . 25-30A esc.
Thanks that's really useful so I should need a 9050 rotor with the 1400kv motor.

AINed

@Merv okay, that is what I will want to begin with in order to train and practice.

In other news I have started to build the plane.

Attachments

• 20200428_005305.jpg
    20200428_005305.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 0