Help! Electronics I don’t know

mayan

Legendary member
Hey All,

Today I finally was able to go pick up a jackpot that I have purchased for $85. What is it? It’s two bags packed with a plane grave yard.

75FFAB80-F6E2-4200-9F4D-FD745AEF9152.jpeg

I have some parts and electronics that I am familiar with and some that not. Sorting out the stuff but soon I post some parts that I am not familiar with and would appreciate your help understanding what they are.

Post soon....

mayan

Legendary member
Just got back from buying a box, hmm boxes for all the sorted stuff. Got to quickly build up dividers for them :)

mayan

Legendary member
So here is what I got so far.
17b52fc2-f0d1-4c5a-8cdd-6f26f642c834.JPG

I also spread them out so you can have a look...
IMG_2420.jpg

Here are the parts that I am familiar with :)
2 RC Plane Transmitters. 1 RC Car Transmitter. AND a bunch of anthenas.
IMG_2421.jpg

9 mottors. A few ESC s. 5 recievers (some that I dont know). And some props.
IMG_2427.jpg

A bunch of screw drivers. A few tube of some sort of glue. And the circled things which I couldn't understand what they would be used for. They are sort of sticky and elastic. Any ideas?
IMG_2422.jpg

2 push rods, carbon fiber tubes, plastic tubes for the push rods.
IMG_2424.jpg

A box loaded with screws.
IMG_2423.jpg

A box with connectors for batteries, mottors, and some other weird connectors. And plastic tubes for cable protection.
IMG_2425.jpg

2 LiPo batteries. 1 x 3.74v 600 mAh, 1 x 11.1v 2000 mAh. and the circled box of batteries which I don't know what they are used for.
IMG_2426.jpg

Things I have no clue what they are used for...

IMG_2428.jpg

Seemed to me like motor of some sort but couldn't quite figure how to mount them or power them. Don't want to burn them out for nothing :)

IMG_2429.jpg

A box filled stuff that I couldnt figure out. Wanted to post some parts to get your tip of knowledge but had to wrap up for today. So hopefully tomorrow.

Gill saab

mate first of all that is a massive jackpot holy crap
lets start form the top
the first box under the esc's are drone flight controlers
the green motors are for drones
the yellow circle battries are 18650 cells used in power banks
the small motors are 130 brushed motors used in small rc cars. and toys

mayan

Legendary member
Can the drone motors work on a plane too?
Could the other small 130 motors be used on planes of smaller builds or they just won’t have enough power?
What would the power packs be used for?

donalson

yes the drone motors can be used on planes... depends on the size for specifics... get pics or the numbers off the sides and we can give you a better idea...

donalson

oh the bright yellow flight controller is a cc3d... you could use that for a budget plane stabilizer... it's very dated but would work well for something like that with a bit of leg work

the other one might be a pixhawk of some variety... if so a very full featured flight control for drones but could also be used on a fixed wing with the right firmware settings

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
The bandage is known in the UK as vet wrap, used to bind up horses legs. Sticks to itself but not to hair. The camouflage type is used by snipers to wrap around their guns to camouflage them. Often used by paintball and airsoft gun enthusiasts for the same reason.
Camo vet wrap

mayan

Legendary member
The bandage is known in the UK as vet wrap, used to bind up horses legs. Sticks to itself but not to hair. The camouflage type is used by snipers to wrap around their guns to camouflage them. Often used by paintball and airsoft gun enthusiasts for the same reason.
Camo vet wrap

How can they be used on planes if at all? I am assuming they could be used to field fix stuff.

donalson

the problem is they are made for 5/6s lipos...

this is from a review on the sale page where he tested them with 3s (12v) then 6s (24v)... the trhust numbers look pretty meh... but the efficiency of them is very nice... would prob work nicely on a twin prop plane like the bronco, put run two 3cells in series to make it into a 6 cell...

"GAYA

These motors are not to be used with 3s or 4s battery, the thrust is very low.
But with a 6s battery, it begins to be very interesting, my results :
@ 12V with T-style carbon fibre propellers
-10 x 3.3 50pcnt 50g 0.4A 100pcnt 145g 1.3A 3840rpm
-11 x 3.7 50pcnt 60g 0.5A 100pcnt 200g 1.8A 3630rpm
-12 x 4 50pcnt 80g 0.5A 100pcnt 262g 2.5A 3360rpm
@24V with T-style carbon fibre propellers
-10 x 3.3 50pcnt 175g 0.9A 100pcnt 467g 3.4A 6780rpm
-11 x 3.7 50pcnt 200g 1.1A 100pcnt 600g 4.8A 6200rpm
-12 x 4 50pcnt 266g 1.4A 60pcnt 350g 2A 100pcnt 730g 6.2A 5500rpm"

mayan

Legendary member
Back after a very long time.
After looking through a bag of stuff looking for a spare connector for a Y harness. I figured that I if I already made a mess might as well take a picture of a few parts ask your advice about them.

A4C42960-5C2A-4ABA-8BEE-9F5BDA045A8B.jpeg

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Very nice Pixhawk flight controller, various PDBs, some VTX antenna extensions, maybe a GPS and I think a micro SD card. Nice haul there.

Looks like someone needs to build a quadcopter. :)