Electronics question i cant find answer to

EdfChurvin

So 2 questions/suggestions

1)If flying electric plane and lose a ESC that has built in BEC, i lose my receiver and servos also. SO is their a way to make a redundant system with a receiver battery? Assume using both (bec on throttle channel and receiver battery on another) theb id overload the receiver and servos. SO is this possible and if not are you safer with a receiver battery in order to dead stick a landing instead of a bec in the case of a ESC failure???
2)Maybe suggesting or inventing affordable telemetry that displays the basics (voltage, speed, altitude) that uses its own display or maybe displays on android/iphone eliminating cost of monitor???

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
On planes where I stress the ESC greatly or I have had a mysterious LOS type crash I fit a separate UBEC which I use to power the Rx and basic flight controls only. Flaps, retracts and other loads are left on the integral BEC on the ESC. This is far lighter than the fitting of another battery pack regardless of the battery pack type,

There are already telemetry systems that report to the Transmitter display and even operate a audible alarm. Having something which would transmit to your phone or similar device whilst possible is actually will complicate the wiring to of the plane to transmit the information to the receiving device. Another drawback would be the need to remove your eyes from the flying craft to make observation of the information which is really a somewhat dangerous or reckless thing to undertake especially on fast moving sport craft.

If you want a target for design try a Rx fail/Loss of power detecting system that deploys a ballistic parachute to minimize impact damage.

Just a few thoughts!

Have fun!