Help! Electronics question

Cebberz

So, I've properly set up my electronics before no issues. But, after switching over to drone flight for a while I cant seem to get my motors on my fixed wings to spin properly. When i set everything up and calibrate my ESC at full throttle on my transmitter the motor just chirps like its either out of time, or not getting enough throttle. Any suggestions?

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
For clarification. Did you move the electronics from the planes to the drone and have now moved them back to the planes or did you just stop flying planes for a while and, without any changes to the electronics, they don't seem to be responding to the transmitter?

DamoRC

quorneng

Master member
Is the chirping motor actually trying to turn (maybe oscillating) or is it simply the ESC making the motor 'beep' with no discernible rotation to tell you that it thinks something is wrong.
If the motor is trying to turn the there is an electrical fault. Do not leave running like that for more than a few seconds or it will damage the ESC, the motor or both!
If the motor is just making an ESC generated constant beeping it won't do any harm as the ESC is not 'armed' but means that something is not set up right.

Cebberz

@DamoRC I have completely separate electronics sets from fixed-wing to my drone @d8veh Nope set up a new model that is fixed wing @quorneng Chirping meaning attempting to turn but appears as though its out of time.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Sounds like a poor or broken connection between the motor and the ESC. Check the bullet connectors (gently tug them to see if one comes off)

DamoRC

d8veh

Elite member
Chirping meaning attempting to turn but appears as though its out of time.
The constant chirping normally comes from the ESC. If it only does one chirp when you open the throttle, that could be what you suggest. A chirping ESC means it's not properly initialised by the receiver or it's detected a fault during initialisation.

d8veh

Elite member
Rotating at that speed with full throttle would burn something if the ESC made full power available, therefore the problem must be in the ESC or in its communication with the receiver. Which ESC are you using? Maybe, you need to make an adjustment to its settings.

Cebberz

The esc im using the the BL heli 12a its in the a power pack if im not mistaking. and yes servos respond to stick movements.

DamoRC

Elite member
Mentor
Have you checked the esc to motor connections yet?

Also, if you have another brushless motor available you could indepentley check the functionality of the ESC

DamoRC

Edit @Merv - oops - writing at the same time!

Cebberz

Yah tried two separate motors both displayed the same issue. Starting to agree that the esc is probably FUBAR.