Elevon Mixing DX6

RCScottsdale

Having major trouble. I can’t get the elevons mixed on my Ft22 with my DX6. Additionally, the servos do move a bit but the throws are always different with similar movements of the stick, and they seem to creep after input is stopped. The make a lot of noise, and they heat up quite a bit. Finally, it sure seems that they are under a lot of pushrod tension using the build method Josh Bixler used even though it works for him...just not for me. I could sure use some help.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Why double posting mate? All that does is direct people to two different places and the conversations get separated and confusing. In the future please be patient as someone will usually pop in and answer. If you think there has been a fair amount of time with no response bump your thread with another post. Don't create duplicate threads please.

Anyways start by disconnecting your push rods and make sure your servos are centered. Then make sure you are using the same holes as suggested in the build video. Make sure all your trims are set to neutral in the radio. Then go into the radio set up and set end points to make the control surfaces deflect to proper degrees suggested in the build video.

Now if your throws are not moving as far as you think they should I will assume since setting up a quad on Spectrum gear the end points have to be set at 147% to get full range (deflection in the case of fixed wing) that may be your problem.

Between centering servos, making sure trims are neutral and using the right holes on control arms you should be able to get equal throws in both directions provided your control rod lengths are correct.

RCScottsdale

Why double posting mate? All that does is direct people to two different places and the conversations get separated and confusing. In the future please be patient as someone will usually pop in and answer. If you think there has been a fair amount of time with no response bump your thread with another post. Don't create duplicate threads please.

Anyways start by disconnecting your push rods and make sure your servos are centered. Then make sure you are using the same holes as suggested in the build video. Make sure all your trims are set to neutral in the radio. Then go into the radio set up and set end points to make the control surfaces deflect to proper degrees suggested in the build video.

Now if your throws are not moving as far as you think they should I will assume since setting up a quad on Spectrum gear the end points have to be set at 147% to get full range (deflection in the case of fixed wing) that may be your problem.

Between centering servos, making sure trims are neutral and using the right holes on control arms you should be able to get equal throws in both directions provided your control rod lengths are correct.
So sorry. The double post was unintentional. I originally posted it last night before going to bed, and I woke up to an error message saying the thread title was in error...so I changed it and posted. It wasn’t an impatience thing.

Thanks for your reply. I will try those suggestions. Thanks