Help! elevon question

kinch

I am having an issue with an elevon set up. The plane flies great (SuperFly), but when I try to adjust trim, it only effects one side. The aileron trim adjust the right side elevon, and the elevator trim adjust the left side. Is there something in the DX6 to make it work "normally"? (by normally I mean adjust the elevator only, or the right/left aileron only)

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
The sub-trim in your set up menu will adjust the ailerons individually. Aileron channel or channel 2 is for the right aileron, elevator channel or channel 3 for elevator. Other then that the trims on the sticks should work like it was a normal plane. Sometimes it might be a mix up between elevon A or elevon B in the set up menu as well. I think there might be some more explanation to really get to the root of the problem. I have also seen elevon planes fly decent with just one aileron/elevon working. Happened to me, didn't even notice the prop sliced through servo wires in flight cancelling out one elevon all together. Could just be the way it is set up

Captain Jay

Elite member
The sub-trim in your set up menu will adjust the ailerons individually. Aileron channel or channel 2 is for the right aileron, elevator channel or channel 3 for elevator. Other then that the trims on the sticks should work like it was a normal plane. Sometimes it might be a mix up between elevon A or elevon B in the set up menu as well. I think there might be some more explanation to really get to the root of the problem. I have also seen elevon planes fly decent with just one aileron/elevon working. Happened to me, didn't even notice the prop sliced through servo wires in flight cancelling out one elevon all together. Could just be the way it is set up
I found I had to use Elevon set up (B) for them to work properly. I'm my case anyways...

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I found I had to use Elevon set up (B) for them to work properly. I'm my case anyways...
I have had several elevon planes and each one has been different then the last. It all depends on how the servos are set into the wing or fuse, whether they need to be reversed, which is plugged into channel one, same for two, etc. Trial and error lol

kinch

thanks

Bricks

Master member
Did you choose the right wing in setup dual servos? Check your channel assignment and make sure your elevon servos are plugged into the right receiver channel.