Elevon servo not working

Marki Mark

I have an OrangeRX TX6i radio and 6ch receiver. I'm still building my first plane, but I've noticed the 'elev' pins on my receiver aren't working. Moreover, I move the stick vertically, but the servo is not responding to it. The servo is not broken and the rest of the pins all give response. When I plug a servo into the 'elev' pins, the servo moves once to 'calibrate', so I don't think the receiver is evidently broken. Is there something I am missing in the settings on my radio?

What I am trying to accomplish is a 4 channel setup. The aileron servo's and the rudder servo are responding as needed.

FDS

Elite member
You can just run the elevator off another channel, set the stick up with a mix so channel 5 (for example) moves 100% when you move the Elevator stick.
That servo will work off another output?
Which receiver are you using? I have that TX, mine has been super easy to set up. The servo centres when it gets voltage, the issue is with the signal pin. Check the pin is not damaged or bent. Also be sure the plug is round the right way.
Also be sure your TX is set up for the right mode, no use trying mode 1 controls with the TX in mode 2 for example.

Marki Mark

You can just run the elevator off another channel, set the stick up with a mix so channel 5 (for example) moves 100% when you move the Elevator stick.
That servo will work off another output?
Which receiver are you using? I have that TX, mine has been super easy to set up. The servo centres when it gets voltage, the issue is with the signal pin. Check the pin is not damaged or bent. Also be sure the plug is round the right way.
Also be sure your TX is set up for the right mode, no use trying mode 1 controls with the TX in mode 2 for example.

Oh my god! This was too simple. I just added a mix with channel 3 and that got the job done! Thanks

Reactions: FDS