Help! elevon setup on DX6

kinch

OK...I am very frustrated on a elevon setup on a SuperFly. I have a DX6 ,and copied the DX6 program that I used for the FT Alpha that worked great. On the SuperFly (I know, not a FT design) the ailerons are correct, but the elevator is reversed. I reverse them, and the elevator is reversed. I can't have both correct. I am sure it is something simple, but can't figure out what.

Attachments

• 20200229_084918.jpg
    20200229_084918.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0

Keno

OK...I am very frustrated on a elevon setup on a SuperFly. I have a DX6 ,and copied the DX6 program that I used for the FT Alpha that worked great. On the SuperFly (I know, not a FT design) the ailerons are correct, but the elevator is reversed. I reverse them, and the elevator is reversed. I can't have both correct. I am sure it is something simple, but can't figure out what.
There is a choice of "A" and "B" for that function in you setup you could try that.

Bricks

Master member
Did you chose the correct wing setup at the very beginning is this a DX6 or DX6e or DX6i?

Bricks

Master member
Look at your RX ports assignment page 1 should be throttle, 2 should be right ail, 3 should be left ail. I am thinking you have your right and left ali plugged into the wrong rx ports, they have to be in this order for them to work properly.

Keno

Control horns above (pull for up), control horns on bottom (push for up). A & B makes since.

Andrew

G'day Mate
Older radios with old firmware didn't have the A and B option so you had to physically swap the plugs in the receiver with the older radios.

Bricks

Master member
Older radios with old firmware didn't have the A and B option so you had to physically swap the plugs in the receiver with the older radios.

And when you get into the even older radios you better install your servos right other wise you would be ripping them out and remounting them correctly. In fact if you wanted elevons you mounted one servo to operate the elevons on a slider then another servo slid the aileron servo for up and down.

Keno

And when you get into the even older radios you better install your servos right other wise you would be ripping them out and remounting them correctly. In fact if you wanted elevons you mounted one servo to operate the elevons on a slider then another servo slid the aileron servo for up and down.
Slider box oh yah, knew about them and glad they are gone.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Usually if you can't get it to work on elevon A, the B option will sort it out, and vice versa

This is what I did with my last Versa Wing - configured with the wrong Elevon type for my model (I used type A, and I needed to use Type B). Once I switched it, everything worked fine. :)

kinch

Thanks, i ended up swapping the plugs so the SuperFly will exactly match my FT Alpha setup. SuperFly is really interesting because it is hot wirred foam. Just like the 2 seat composite Dragonfly I built back in the 80's. That was a 10 year project.

Attachments

• Dragonfly.jpg
    Dragonfly.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 0