Emax Buzz PNP - Spektrum

Gawl

Hi everyone, first post and need some help. Picked up a buzz and wired up an SPM4650 receiver and can't seem to get them to talk. The receiver is bound to the radio, DX8G2 but nothing in the receiver tab.

I've tried Spektrum 2048 and Spektrum 2048\SRXL and nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Buzz.jpg
    Buzz.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
Have you set the correct Uart to Sbus/serial in the ports tab?
There’s not much support out there for this RX yet, but Grayson Hobby have good info here, with some video that might help.
They include the CLI commands for betaflight in that article.

Last edited:

Gawl

No I haven't tried using Sbus. I did try the stuff from Grayson and I think the issue is the SRXL2. When I put in set serialrx_provider = SRXLv2 I receive an error stating:

###INVALID VALUE###
Allowed values: SPEK1024, SPEK2048, SBUS, SUMD, SUMH, XB-B, XB-B-RJ01, IBUS, JETIEXBUS, CRSF, SRXL, CUSTOM, FPORT

FDS

Elite member
You might need to update Betaflight, it might not be present in old versions.
Have you tried setting that value as SRXL?

Gawl

Yes, I tried the SRXL and nothing. I did note in the grayson hobby video that they are wiring it to a TX pad vs RX and mine is wired to RX 1. So I think that may be part of the problem as well. I need to see where that would wire up on this board though.

Gawl

You might need to update Betaflight, it might not be present in old versions.
Have you tried setting that value as SRXL?

As in on the model or the configurator? My configurator is on the current version.

Gawl

I think I found it, Spektrum posted up the hex files for each board to support the SRXL2 so looks like I need to flash the board along with moving the signal wire to a TX port and I should be good.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
Well done. If you can post some screen shots of the set up because I am sure other people will run into the same problem.

Gawl

I will, soon as I finish up with work I am going to see if I can get it working and I'll post up the results for others.

Reactions: FDS

Gawl

So that is exactly what was needed. I downloaded the correct hex file for my board at https://github.com/SpektrumRC/betaf...M9IFoAX8eisnglXYG76JzP5ptOks721vALoQKMu_xkGSk

For me this was the Omnibus F4. Once done I flashed the board with the new firmware and moved the signal wire from RX1 to TX3 and fired up the configurator. Once in I went to the CLI command and copied the following in:

feature -RSSI_ADC
feature RX_SERIAL
feature TELEMETRY
map TAER1234
set rssi_channel = 0
set serialrx_provider = SRXLv2
set serialrx_inverted = OFF
set srxlv2_unit_id = 1
set srxlv2_baud_rate = 400k

After the reboot everything was good to go and I was able to proceed as normal after enabling Serial RX on URAT 3. Also remember if doing this for a buzz you will need to get the CLI dump from emax and reload it.

I wish I had seen the github link first as it pretty much walks you through it. The Grayson RC info was helpful but misses the information of advising you need to load new firmware to your FC although to be fair they did mention if in the comments.

Take note that in the configuration tab you will not see a value under Serial Receiver Provider and if you try to load one you will lose you RX connection.

Attachments

• Buzz2.jpg
    Buzz2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0