Emax Interceptor - What's your thoughts & Add ons.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Trying to get my children a step or two closer to picking up a glue gun and transmitter, I just picked up the New Emax Interceptor for each of us. We celebrated our Christmas last night.
As of Right now the only thing I have done with these is get it working with my goggles and drove around. I started around 11 last night. And from there I just had TONS of fun.
1576786196275.png

What are your thoughts? have you modded it yet? Have you thought about it?

FoamyDM

Here is my add on: Custom License plates - so you know who you're drafting/passing :p

These license plate are for me, and my son's Quinn and Logan. They are 1.25" x 0.5" each.
1576787027216.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Ohhh what about CBR (Cannonball Run) and CBR2000 I think was another version? Maybe some mix matching of a picture of a cannonball and the words Like you did with yours. Or something from the Deathrace series and of course you can never over look the Smokey and the Bandits or Dukes of Hazard Cuut yot yot

FoamyDM

Also what RACE accessories do you use? Finish/Start Line Bridge?
1577732592365.png

do you add any turn indicators? like chevrons, on a curved piece of something(DTFB)?
maybe just a Checkered Flag Line?

mach1 rc

Master member
Trying to get my children a step or two closer to picking up a glue gun and transmitter, I just picked up the New Emax Interceptor for each of us. We celebrated our Christmas last night.
As of Right now the only thing I have done with these is get it working with my goggles and drove around. I started around 11 last night. And from there I just had TONS of fun.
View attachment 151487
What are your thoughts? have you modded it yet? Have you thought about it?
Cool car😎😎 how much did that cost

FoamyDM

I was also looking to print a 3d Charger model and then vacuum model a new body from polycarbonate, then glue light standoffs from polystyrene to put the body on the interceptor posts.
The interceptor without goggles ran $50. I have two goggles and a kit for a third. So all three of us get to race free of emax goggles.

mach1 rc

Master member
I was also looking to print a 3d Charger model and then vacuum model a new body from polycarbonate, then glue light standoffs from polystyrene to put the body on the interceptor posts.
The interceptor without goggles ran $50. I have two and a kit for a third, so all three of us get to run free.
Thanks😊👍

FoamyDM

I just can't be the only one who thought this was worth getting for indoor days. If you are interested... what do you think you WOULD want for the product?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Id be down to get one of these if I had a decent amount of space inside to run it. Think two car garage with a 10x12 box floor to ceiling dead smack in the middle then split off rooms from that leaving a "hallway" between rooms around that center box. pretty much useless for anything that moves. Barely enough room for furniture to live on.

And yeah lights would be a must for FPV in the dark. Different bodies again a must. a ramp or two to jump over or on to other furniture to make the race course as 3d as possible.

Its kinda good I dont have money or a mansion it would be filled with full on rc wonder land stuff and I STILL would not have much room to live in hehe.

FoamyDM

Right now I have a track that goes around the tables in the kitchen, dining room, coffee table and uses the main entry hall, and kitchen area as the main track locations. but these are so low, they can go under couches, and most low furniture, as they are lower than kick plate height. (you know, the lip at the bottom of all Most furniture. It goes great on hardwood, linoleum, small tight tile, and goes well on carpet, tile, rough and smooth concrete, it can mount 3/8-1/2" obstacles so that means most human habitations and walkways will suffice.
I was planning to make DTFB ramps, bridges, Curve guide rails with chevrons... Something portable. To take to a Gym/work/the garage and setup a track.
Anyone do a Hill test, like how steep do these go? As you can see I have a number of possible tracks.
1577740270274.png

I wanted to try and put a bigger motor in for fun, and possibly gear it down to make more of a baja "off-roader". It looks as if the camera is set for a camera servo to pair with the steering servo for a look into the turns. and I agree, some SMD led lights would be stunning. Some tail lights, and headhlights either on the front or adjacent to the camera. I'll have to look and see if there is 3V or room for buck converter (I know they are small)

FoamyDM

Its kinda good I dont have money or a mansion it would be filled with full on rc wonder land stuff and I STILL would not have much room to live in hehe.
The Struggle is real. I have a summer where my home is just inhabited by me. They kids run the risk of having turn RC wonderland each summer....