Emax Lightning Edition 30a ESC's

brand0saurus

Haha saw this after I replied about your motors I’m worried that if it’s not the motors it’s the ESC’s any help you be greatly appreciated and if I can share anything I have I gladly would!!!!

Thanks again!!

Noah.cpp

Hey. I've been having trouble with my quad flipping when I increase the throttle. Like it'll hover but when I increase the throttle past hover it flips or roles gradually in a random direction.
So. I think it's the ESCs. I'm running cheap simonk ESCs that came with my quad. If your ESCs are already gone or you're holding them for someone else I completely understand.
Thank you so much for your generosity toward your fellow enthusiasts.
BTW. What parts do you need? I have a cc3d FC if you need it?

Last edited:

tribal_fpv

Hey. I've been having trouble with my quad flipping when I increase the throttle. Like it'll hover but when I increase the throttle past hover it flips or roles gradually in a random direction.
So. I think it's the ESCs. I'm running cheap simonk ESCs that came with my quad. If your ESCs are already gone or you're holding them for someone else I completely understand.
Thank you so much for your generosity toward your fellow enthusiasts.
BTW. What parts do you need? I have a cc3d FC if you need it?

Hmm, I don't know if that is an ESC problem. It sounds like it could be a couple of things. Are the motors spinning the right direction? Is the FC oriented correctly? Is the tx receiver connected to the FC properly? Those are some problems I experienced that led my kwad to flipping so maybe check those!

And I don't need your FC but I appreciate it!

Noah.cpp

Hey.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah. I've checked all those things. LOL, multiple times. And tuning the PIDs doesn't fix it either, unfortunately.

The weird part is it will hover well and I can kinda flight it but when I increase the throttle it gradually roles to one side then when I decrease the throttle it roles back to level (and the harder I increase the throttle the faster and harder it roles), so I know the FC is oriented correctly and that everything is connected correctly.

I even upgraded my FC from a cc3d to a spracing f3 running betaflight. Still didn't help.

I talked with some guys on UAVFuture's discord chat and they said it sounded like the ECSs were out of sink with each other but unfortunately my ESCs aren't programmable. I tried connecting them to blheli configurator but they wouldn't connect. That's why I'm thinking it's the ESCs.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for the help.

AgentLAL

Thanks for your reply. Yeah. I've checked all those things. LOL, multiple times. And tuning the PIDs doesn't fix it either, unfortunately.

The weird part is it will hover well and I can kinda flight it but when I increase the throttle it gradually roles to one side then when I decrease the throttle it roles back to level (and the harder I increase the throttle the faster and harder it roles), so I know the FC is oriented correctly and that everything is connected correctly.

I even upgraded my FC from a cc3d to a spracing f3 running betaflight. Still didn't help.

I talked with some guys on UAVFuture's discord chat and they said it sounded like the ECSs were out of sink with each other but unfortunately my ESCs aren't programmable. I tried connecting them to blheli configurator but they wouldn't connect. That's why I'm thinking it's the ESCs.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks again for the help.

I have an idea. If you are running oneshot125 or oneshot42 then yes your ESCs are out of sink. To fix this, you will want to open Betaflight and go to the motors tab. The quad must be unplugged from the battery. Basically, in the motors tab you will want to press the "I understand the risks, props are removed." Button. At this point THE PROPS MUST BE OFF OR YOUR QUAD MAY TURN INTO A SPINNING BALL OF DEATH. Then put the master throttle all the way up and plug in the quad. The motors will make the regular starting sounds, and then a series of tones after that. It will go start up tone, top note of startup tone 3 times, and then a scale up 4 times if you have BLHELI firmware. After those tones are done, quickly drag the slider all the way down again. Then it will make 4 scales down, and then beep one low note for a long time. I hope this helps!

EDIT: oh I now see that you are running SimonK. I'm not sure what the beeping is for those, but it's similar.

Last edited:

Noah.cpp

Thanks for the advice. But I've already tried doing an ESC calibration to no avail. And unfortunately, I'm running cheap ESCs that use PWM instead of oneshot or Dshot.
Any other ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.

AgentLAL

Thanks for the advice. But I've already tried doing an ESC calibration to no avail. And unfortunately, I'm running cheap ESCs that use PWM instead of oneshot or Dshot.
Any other ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.

Hmmm... I might suggest switching the ESC protocol from PWM to Oneshot in betaflight. If possible, could I have a link to the ESCs?

Noah.cpp

I've tried that too. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Unfortunately, I bought the drone as a PNP so the ESCs came with it. And I can't find the drone anymore so I don't know where to find ESC specs.
The drone is made by Arris and the box says FPV250 but none of the FPV250s on google look like mine.

AgentLAL

I've tried that too. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Unfortunately, I bought the drone as a PNP so the ESCs came with it. And I can't find the drone anymore so I don't know where to find ESC specs.
The drone is made by Arris and the box says FPV250 but none of the FPV250s on google look like mine.

Could I have picture of the quad and/or the box? Thanks!

Noah.cpp

Could I have picture of the quad and/or the box? Thanks!

Yeah. Here they are.

quad1.jpg quad2.jpg