Solved Emoji button not working

Inq

Elite member
I know yesterday, the forum was down much of the day and that you're upgrading or something. Maybe it is still a work in progress. But the Emoji button isn't working.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
The forum is still going through a number of upgrades and some database updates - which takes some time due to size. Thank you for reporting the issue, I will check to make sure the Emoji functionality is restored once completed :)

Inq

Elite member
Just FYI... not complaining. Two other odd things...
  1. Every time I post a message (like this) it gives me an error and says to try later. But it does submit the posting.
  2. I'm not getting any email notifications.
What I found interesting... I'm noting similar issues on other forums. Seems like a lot of upgrade woes are being incorporated into some components commonly used.

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
It may be coincidental, the upgrade was planned for a while as we are mainly meaning to provide better tools to fight bots and moderate SPAM.
The behaviors you mention are indeed expected, we go through of a series of separate tasks targeting various areas and some functions of the forums need to be temporarily suspended until everything is ready. It's quite long, that's why we wanted to keep the forum (somewhat) operational ;)

Reactions: Inq

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Let me know if the first error is still showing up though, I believe that part should be cleared at this time.

Reactions: Inq