Enable Tapatalk for this Forums if Possible - iPhone, iPad, Android, Blackberry etc

rrittenhouse

+1 tapatalk

I refrained from joining for so long because I could not read it from Tapatalk. RCGroups is on there...

It's just MUCH easier to manage all of your forums in one application and have one consistent interface instead of trying to pinch/zoom and scrolling around to try and make it easier to read. It would be a very beneficial addition for us!

Thanks again for all that you guys do!

lankyjames

+1 Tapatalk

It's free, it's simple (I'll even do the install for you - or walk you through it, I've done it before for a free Kit car club)
Tons of fourms have it and it's simply the best way to view forums on a mobile device.

The app is free - the install/setup is free. It can be Flite Test branded.

Just to add it's on iOS and android...

Last edited:

russbean

+1 more for Tapatalk. It's cross platform. I rarely sit at my computer to read forums. Plus, the app supports push notifications.

Neal

I don't recommend tapatalk. It is really an annoyance and pops up a window asking you to download the app whenever you view the page. Its data security is dubious, in my opinion.

rrittenhouse

I don't recommend tapatalk. It is really an annoyance and pops up a window asking you to download the app whenever you view the page. Its data security is dubious, in my opinion.

I can not disagree about Tapatalk being annoying in some aspects but it is nice to have that application-level interaction with an online forum such as this.

The "dubious security" that you refer to sounds like it's just detecting your user-agent string as a mobile device and then it is telling you that there is an app to look at the forum with. Nothing dubious about that really.

Tapatalk has pulled some crap over on it's customers who have bought it in the past though and I do not agree with that. I bought tapatalk at one point and they basically disabled the app and made you buy the new one. That's kinda BS these days imho.

I just find that I don't use these forums that much at all unless I need something. No useless toilet browsing on flitetest forums I guess :) Mainly because if it's not in tapatalk then I forget that it exists until I get back to a full-fledged Desktop.

monterx7

could we add a poll to this thread? that way there is a product that the Flite Test crew can see what percentage of people want and don't want tapatalk.

just a thought

IslandStumbler

could we add a poll to this thread? that way there is a product that the Flite Test crew can see what percentage of people want and don't want tapatalk.

just a thought

Why do we need a 'Don't Want' count? Its as simple as if you don't want it don't use the tapatalk app.

Adding tapatalk capabilities to a forum does not change the experience even if your browsing on a mobile device like a phone or tablet. You still can do that .

For example I can use my phone browser to view RCGroups or i can use the tapatalk app on the same phone to view the RCGroups forum.

SO nobody is being forced to use tapatalk.

Adding tapatalk just opens the forums up further to more people enjoying this great place.

Pancho

One more vote for tapatalk!!!

Why do we need a 'Don't Want' count? Its as simple as if you don't want it don't use the tapatalk app.

Adding tapatalk capabilities to a forum does not change the experience even if your browsing on a mobile device like a phone or tablet. You still can do that .

For example I can use my phone browser to view RCGroups or i can use the tapatalk app on the same phone to view the RCGroups forum.

SO nobody is being forced to use tapatalk.

Adding tapatalk just opens the forums up further to more people enjoying this great place.

What happens when you enable tapatalk on a website is when you try to access the regular site with a mobile device, it will pop up and add for adding the tapatalk app. You have to say no and continue on to the regular site. I don't know if you have the option to turn that notification off or not.

Pancho

One other thing about tapatalk, is that tapatalk will put in its own advertisements and most if not all advertisements that FT has will not show. I think there is some adjustibility for the hosting site, but I think it may cost them?