enlarging planes

black-hart

I'm making a minmoa from balsa from the old keil Kraft planes. Its a 50 " high start free flight glider. I'm going to try to make it a 2 chanel glider. If this works for me id like to make a bigger one and add flaps and spollers. Can anyone tell me how to enlager a set of planes? Any help would be grate thanks black-hart

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Is your copy of the plans digital or paper?

Last edited:

pgerts

Old age member
Mentor
Dont you have a "copy/printing Company" in your Town? They normally scan, copy and enlarge at your request. I would go for a 2m/80" span to start with. If you are going bigger there will probably be some more thinking about dimensions of material. You will not normally double all thickness of the spars, longerons and other parts if you scale up a plan 2 times.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Take a photo or digitally scan the plans and re-print them at a larger scale. At least that is the easiest way that I can think of.

If you live near a Staples or OfficeMax or for some reason I can't think of any other companies that will print stuff for you. Anyways, if you don't mind the cost you could easily take the plans in to a store that can print commercial stuff off for you and have them enlarge the plans for you. Whether they are paper plans or digital.