EP #214: More Problems, Plans and Planes

Mr.Grinch

Once again you have put out a great episode. I enjoy hearing more about what goes on behind the scenes, currently and in the past. I was aware for a while about Lauren International’s involvement, but was always curious what the situation was. I didn’t assume anything nefarious, but there is always room for question about their involvement. It’s nice to know that they are basically angel investors who just want to support your success. It is even more impressive that they are volunteers at FF.

I liked hearing about the upcoming designs and new motors and my attention was drawn to the value bundles that are available now that have the older emax motors rather than the radial motors. Can we hear more about that? Maybe progress and plans for the replacement for MakerFoam?

zabethebabe

Hey Guys! I love the podcast. It was great to learn more about Lauren’s role.

It’s still kind of difficult to hear Josh at times.

I want a Flerken plane!

Marzipan

@spdxdmn I've seen several comments like yours about the 'old' motors vs. the new radial FT has adopted. is there something wrong with the radials that makes the eMax more desirable?

Marzipan

@FTPODCAST Gee thanx.... anyone can fly this.. even my 4 year old can land on the runway most of the time... Kick me harder why dontcha!! Ya'll cut me deep with that one.

not our fault you backed the loosing team...props over rotors, ALWAYS! :cool:

Mr.Grinch

@Marzipan No issue with the emax motors, I have quite a few of them along with the radials. FT came out with the radial motors that were also very good, while being fully basked and warrantied by FT at only a small premium over other options, plus they looked nicer in my opinion.

alan0043

Hi Lee,

The following link could be a idea for another podcast. This is just an idea. Is there still any plans to build a hobby shop at Edgewater ? I know that there is a small hobby shop and public space inside the golf course club house right now. Curious minds need to know. ;)

Last edited:

goatboy29

So the FT Tutor is going to be released on Oct 15th, right? Will that release include the plans being sent to FTCA members as part of the October newsletter?? (The multiple question marks indicate my excitement and enthusiasm, not any sort of demand =D)

Last edited:

DbleDuce

Good morning everybody,

I was working on one of my planes while listening to FT podcasts, which I often do. (yes I am a little behind) This one hit very close to home and I wondering if someone could help me out.

My father flew free flight before I was even born. My uncle, my dad and a friend had planes that they built and flew in competitions. I even have an old black and white picture of my dad helping someone with their plane. By the time I started flying my dad was no longer able to leave his home, but we had many conversations about planes and flying. On one of the conversations he mentioned his two planes; the Playboy and the Buccaneer. All I know is that they were balsa kits but I was never able to find pictures of the models. I had just about forgotten about them.

Then on this podcast Josh talked about bringing back some older models, and in that list he mentioned my dads two planes. If and when they are resurrected I will own a set. But in the meantime, does anyone have any images of what these planes looked like? I would really appreciate it.

Ratcheeroo

Legendary member
Good morning everybody,

I was working on one of my planes while listening to FT podcasts, which I often do. (yes I am a little behind) This one hit very close to home and I wondering if someone could help me out.

My father flew free flight before I was even born. My uncle, my dad and a friend had planes that they built and flew in competitions. I even have an old black and white picture of my dad helping someone with their plane. By the time I started flying my dad was no longer able to leave his home, but we had many conversations about planes and flying. On one of the conversations he mentioned his two planes; the Playboy and the Buccaneer. All I know is that they were balsa kits but I was never able to find pictures of the models. I had just about forgotten about them.

Then on this podcast Josh talked about bringing back some older models, and in that list he mentioned my dads two planes. If and when they are resurrected I will own a set. But in the meantime, does anyone have any images of what these planes looked like? I would really appreciate it.
I believe the playboy looked like this
1635958879269.png

and the Bucaneer like this
1635959018947.png