EPISODE #215: REPERCUSSIONS OF DECISIONS PAST

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
In this podcast the guys talk about some of the effects of the FT Store changing from an outside service to becoming an in-house provider. The guys share how along the transition FT has encountered some obstacles, and then they talk about how they are dealing with them currently. The guys finish out the podcast on a really fun note by talking about the fun they had filming the “Benchy Border Battle” video that comes out the second week of this month. Enjoy sitting down with the guys!

Podcast link: https://flitetest.libsyn.com

Taildragger

Legendary member
In this podcast the guys talk about some of the effects of the FT Store changing from an outside service to becoming an in-house provider. The guys share how along the transition FT has encountered some obstacles, and then they talk about how they are dealing with them currently. The guys finish out the podcast on a really fun note by talking about the fun they had filming the “Benchy Border Battle” video that comes out the second week of this month. Enjoy sitting down with the guys!

Podcast link: https://flitetest.libsyn.com
I think I will listen while I build after school :)
I notice you mentioned the store change, could that be why I was missing some stuff in my last order? (I ordered in the days right after the change- Don't worry Jen already took care of my issues and the missing Items are sitting on my front porch right now)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Its good to see you guys coming back around to the people that have been with you and will be with you through to entire ride as long as it lasts with Flite Test. The drift away from that gained you more visibility but not so much from the people IN the hobby rather then people wanting to see crazy things for entertainment. Yes you roped a few in but on the forums we see em come and go the second they learn they really cant do all the internet stupid stuff they thought they could.

To this day all the way back into the mid 70's I have never once met a person who wasn't in the hobby in some form or other, cars, boat, aircraft, that the first two statements out of their mouths was.... 1. "How much did that cost" 2. "I'm gonna get one and do (insert random stupid act) with it" in that order.

The hardest part now is how you can keep the few remaining people in the hobby with all the oppression coming from the grubment while enticing more people to join in. This is where most of the "Hurt" as you say in the podcast stems from. Something people really loved and had a huge attachment to as well as a lot of their life time tied into is getting destroyed. People know the more other people and businesses back the "We need rules" thing (which honestly is NOTHING other then a way to maximize THEIR profits) over our normal self regulating that in time we will all be priced out of the hobby. Many have already walked away to start new hobbies because they know what is coming down the road no matter what promises are made or how it all gets sugar coated.

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
Its good to see you guys coming back around to the people that have been with you and will be with you through to entire ride as long as it lasts with Flite Test. The drift away from that gained you more visibility but not so much from the people IN the hobby rather then people wanting to see crazy things for entertainment. Yes you roped a few in but on the forums we see em come and go the second they learn they really cant do all the internet stupid stuff they thought they could.

To this day all the way back into the mid 70's I have never once met a person who wasn't in the hobby in some form or other, cars, boat, aircraft, that the first two statements out of their mouths was.... 1. "How much did that cost" 2. "I'm gonna get one and do (insert random stupid act) with it" in that order.

The hardest part now is how you can keep the few remaining people in the hobby with all the oppression coming from the grubment while enticing more people to join in. This is where most of the "Hurt" as you say in the podcast stems from. Something people really loved and had a huge attachment to as well as a lot of their life time tied into is getting destroyed. People know the more other people and businesses back the "We need rules" thing (which honestly is NOTHING other then a way to maximize THEIR profits) over our normal self regulating that in time we will all be priced out of the hobby. Many have already walked away to start new hobbies because they know what is coming down the road no matter what promises are made or how it all gets sugar coated.
Keep the faith! You’re one of those advocates that the hobby, and FT, needs on their side. Even though people don’t see what is happening in front of their eyes, they can rest assured that there is an organization like FT & FTCA that are fighting the fight for them.
Keep up the good poking!!

FTCA Director

Lee Kachner
Admin
I think I will listen while I build after school :)
I notice you mentioned the store change, could that be why I was missing some stuff in my last order? (I ordered in the days right after the change- Don't worry Jen already took care of my issues and the missing Items are sitting on my front porch right now)
There have been a lot of issue from the past that are biting us now, BUT we are in a good spot to address them! We have a great core that is being re-energized to face the next season of FT. It’s going to be awesome!! And I’m not just saying that because I get paid too😜😎